Black Cats Only

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She's gorgeous! How is she getting along with Queen Cocoabean?
Good! They play chase around the house now, and touch noses to greet each other. They are at ease in each other's company fully, although Luna still is a bit much for her at times being a kitten. No snuggles or grooming but we're thrilled with their relationship as is 👍

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Good! They play chase around the house now, and touch noses to greet each other. They are at ease in each other's company fully, although Luna still is a bit much for her at times being a kitten. No snuggles or grooming but we're thrilled with their relationship as is 👍
That's fantastic. They are on the right path for sure. :thumbsup:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan and Maria Bayote Maria Bayote Thank you both!

I have to be honest, when we first got her I was a bit worried at first. I kept comparing her to other Maine Coons I saw online and was somewhat disappointed. All of them looked so much more furry, filled out and puffy than she did (I now also suspect that those kittens are groomed heavily prior to having the photos taken which probably helps appearances). Her coat was more sleek and well just not what I expected when I picked her up. She just looked "scrappy" in comparison LOL.

As I did some research, come to find there are two types of Maine Coon "looks" - the wild type which is the one I guess I've been seeing more frequently and a more refined look - which Luna is (and now looking at the other cats the breeder is known for I do see a marked difference). And, it's not quite correct to think of them as entirely long haired either. Many of them never get that big shaggy neck ruff (it's remarkable how many champion cats do not sport one). Let alone how long it takes for them to mature so it could be up to 2 years before Luna even has her complete coat.

Having said that, in the past month or so, she's filling out. Her tail is pretty magnificent now- it's really long and fluffy and very Maine Coon looking! Her ear tufts certainly are on point, the length of her body fur is starting to get longer especially now that her belly fur is growing in from her spay, and she's got a cute set of cataloons in the back too.

She's still sleek, and muscled and BIG. She still has a lot of growing to do but I can now see what a lovely MC lady cat she's going to be. And she certainly isn't going to be scrappy. Not be a long shot :lol:

glittercat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is indeed, bless. 5.30 this morning he 'caught' a toy mouse and trilled until I acknowledged his present!!

This was him on Sunday deciding whether to go into the catio for the first time :) (Feora had already boldly gone lol).

Attachments