Black Cats Only

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Luna got spayed last week - she's getting bigger by the day. She's now just over 6 months old, as long as our 10 year old cat and weighs more than 1/2 of what the older one does :eek3:
Her coat is starting to come in more too. There seems to be 2 variations of Maine Coons as I'm learning - some tend to be a lot more fluffy when young and others sleeker and more refined looking. Luna is the latter so I'm assuming her full coat won't show up for quite some time; but she is getting a nice neck ruff starting. Her fur has also become much more black but is still probably considered black smoke as the under coat is silvery, and when the light hits right her ruff shows off that lighter tone in it as does her back britches.
A couple of pix from tonight
luna nov 1.jpg

luna nov 2.jpg

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my flippin' gracious, what a GORGEOUS cat!!
Thank you!
It's funny photographing her - sometimes, I get amazingly great pix. Very regal, perfect looking Maine Coon form. Others OMG so goofy looking. And I'm finding black cats can be very challenging to shoot. First, the lighting, obviously but also DUST! Or eye boogers lol. But one can't run constantly cleaning your cat with wipes, so oh well!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Luna today. Apparently I've been miscalculating her age - I thought she was already 7 months but she is just under 7 months.
Last weigh in was 8.25 lbs but that was 2 weeks ago so lets say 8.5 or a bit more. And she's certainly as long as our 10 year old. When you put them side by side they look as big as each other now. Yikes. Her fur is starting to fill out and get the typical Maine Coon fluff to it now; her tail has really gotten floofy in the past week or so.

luna 121019.jpg

luna 2 121019.jpg

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Luna today. Apparently I've been miscalculating her age - I thought she was already 7 months but she is just under 7 months.
Last weigh in was 8.25 lbs but that was 2 weeks ago so lets say 8.5 or a bit more. And she's certainly as long as our 10 year old. When you put them side by side they look as big as each other now. Yikes. Her fur is starting to fill out and get the typical Maine Coon fluff to it now; her tail has really gotten floofy in the past week or so.

View attachment 311743

View attachment 311744
She already knows how to work the camera! A genuine talent! :bigeyes::dancingblackcat::dancingblackcat:

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
View media item 423139View media item 423094
I still haven't figured out her signalling; her paws/pads/claws are totally normal, but for some reason she chooses to only show three of the four claws when I present the camera. It's clear she has a knack for intimidation- the local dogs keep a healthy distance when she's around :biggrin::biggrin::blackcat2:
She's gorgeous!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Luna got spayed last week - she's getting bigger by the day. She's now just over 6 months old, as long as our 10 year old cat and weighs more than 1/2 of what the older one does :eek3:
Her coat is starting to come in more too. There seems to be 2 variations of Maine Coons as I'm learning - some tend to be a lot more fluffy when young and others sleeker and more refined looking. Luna is the latter so I'm assuming her full coat won't show up for quite some time; but she is getting a nice neck ruff starting. Her fur has also become much more black but is still probably considered black smoke as the under coat is silvery, and when the light hits right her ruff shows off that lighter tone in it as does her back britches.
A couple of pix from tonight
View attachment 307032

View attachment 307033
She's gorgeous! How is she getting along with Queen Cocoabean?