Black Cats Only

nori'smom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He was such a sick kitten. He lost almost all his fur, but he is amazing now. He delights our patients, and keeps us in stitches all day long. Of course he doesn't sleep as much now as when he was little, and he delights our patients with his tricks. He jumps into my arms when I ask him to jump. He purrs for everyone who pets him. Then he turns around and kisses me. He is satan's kitten- a tiny terror-the most spoiled kitten on the planet. God we love him.

Taphie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My step-cat (I have no legal claim to her but I love her like she's my own) is a black cat. She is my boyfriend's cat. He told me that I can never be his soul mate, because he already has one, his cat, Alma.
She was rescued from a hospital parking lot in Georgia as a kitten. Her name is an acronym for all of Georgia's capitals. Despite her humble beginnings, she is a refined Southern Belle. We joke that you can hear her southern drawl in her meow.
He bought his house based on "Will Alma be happy here?" The first thing he did was install cat flaps & secured the back yard with a 6 foot vinyl fence so she could go outside safely. Then set up the Florida room as her room with cat funiture. She has free reign of the house, Florida room, & back yard. She doesn't have a litterbox because she goes outside.
She is the most confident cat I've ever seen. My boyfriend goes to great lengths to make sure she has the healthiest & happiest cat life possible. Although, it makes me sad sometimes, because EVERY cat deserves Alma's life.

Sammiches

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Going to have to turn your volume up for this because my iPad for some reason can't upload with normal volume.

So I always shower before work and shower when I get back home. My cat Luna usually gets worried that after I come home and shower, I'd leave home again for hours at a time. She ends up doing this almost every single time lol.

Sammiches

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
LOL, that's one of those Ripple Rugs? ...what fun, and what a beautiful cat!
Thanks! Yeah it's an adjusted Ripple Rug. By adjust I mean the slightest adjustments with the velcro which seems to be all over the place which made it incredibly hard to make and maintain a tunnel.

If you cut off the four corners of the top or bottom rug(I used the top rug piece) just enough to cover the velcro, you can form your tunnel much better. Use the 4 cut pieces to block off specific velcro pieces and if you ever wanted to change the tunnels around, just remove it from that velcro and apply it to another :)

quill_luv

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My sweet baby Frankie can join the Black Cat Thread! My boy Quill passed away in early June and I went all summer without a feline friend, grieving for Quill daily, and just hoping to find a cat to love as much as I loved Quill.

Fast forward to last Friday and me being nearly ready to adopt, but not quite prepared to bring a new kitty into my life. I was in the pet store, and I saw that there were kittens for adoption. Four of them had all ready gone to new homes - all girls, all colourful calicos and tabbies. Frankie was the only one left, and he was now alone in his cage, and the staff at the store practically gave him to me. I've been a loyal customer of theirs for years, and they know me well. One of the staff is also the head of a local rescue, and she was beaming when she handed Frankie over to me, just wanting to give him a good home.

It's been an interesting week, adjusting to the presence of a young, rambunctious little black kitten. He's calming down a bit - though last night he was revved up and tearing around my bedroom - eventually settling on trying to destroy my bathing suit. He's four months old, and what more can I say about him, except that he is incredibly sweet. He is currently getting over a skin infection, so I need to bathe him twice a week. It's been easy for me but not for him .... I wondered this morning who bathed who, exactly :)

I've always wanted a black cat, I think they are absolutely beautiful.

IMG_1337 (2).JPG