Black Cats Only

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love all the photos! I have a beautiful - errr handsome - black cat named Binx! He is the sweetest one I have haha! View attachment 180126
I love Binx. This photo is very striking, Binx's beautiful eyes are nicely framed by his black fur. Is Binx a kitten or young cat? He looks sweet-natured. Give him a hug from Marianne and Speedy!

Vader2016

Slave to Lord Vader
Young Cat
Purraise
I love Binx. This photo is very striking, Binx's beautiful eyes are nicely framed by his black fur. Is Binx a kitten or young cat? He looks sweet-natured. Give him a hug from Marianne and Speedy!
Thank you! He is a young cat - He is about 4 now. He is my "middle" cat. I have a tabby who will be 7 (Zelda) and then a 1 year old Snowshoe (Vader)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
If you have a black cat like mine but it turns brown and even an ugly orange over time you might want to feed it a supplement called L-Tyrosine which you can get at health food stores. I have another black cat with semi-long hair and he turned these ugly colors mostly where the hair was the longest (tail, ruff, britches and belly where it actually turned white). L-Tyrosine is a non-essential amino acid that some cats need to make enough melanin which causes black hair to stay black. I fed the contents of one whole capsule sprinkled on canned food to this cat every day for over 6 months before I saw a difference, eventually he was all black again and so I keep feeding him this. My vet was sceptical but said it would not hurt him. When the cat was seen by the same vet about a year later he could not believe that he was all black again.

TsundereNeko

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Look at all of these gorgeous black kitties! I love this thread.

Here's my first and only cat "baby" Aria, who was adopted less than a week ago and will be 2 years old on June 22nd. :) She was named after Arya Stark and my boyfriend wants her to be a fierce warrior, so her full name is naturally "Aria Black, Obsidian Destroyer of Winterfell". She's not quite fierce enough for the title just yet... :lol:

20170521_091446-resized.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Look at all of these gorgeous black kitties! I love this thread.

Here's my first and only cat "baby" Aria, who was adopted less than a week ago and will be 2 years old on June 22nd. :) She was named after Arya Stark and my boyfriend wants her to be a fierce warrior, so her full name is naturally "Aria Black, Obsidian Destroyer of Winterfell". She's not quite fierce enough for the title just yet... :lol:

View attachment 181707
That's a great name! Something she can grow into.

:agree:

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just went through all 74 pages! Lol. They're so beautiful, I can't wait to see how my baby Oscar turns out. He's 10 weeks old. Mostly black with grey striping. I'm not sure if it's kitten fuzz or how that's going to turn out.

IMG_20170613_234102194.jpg IMG_20170617_141202847.jpg

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I just went through all 74 pages! Lol. They're so beautiful, I can't wait to see how my baby Oscar turns out. He's 10 weeks old. Mostly black with grey striping. I'm not sure if it's kitten fuzz or how that's going to turn out.
He's a sweetie. One of my black cats, Jiro, had tabby markings when he was younger. All you can see now are a faint M between his eyes and some banding on his back legs.

Here's one of Carpet.

Carpet52.jpg