Black Cats Only

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
did he get the fly? My Panthera wold have gotten it within 15 minutes and would have eaten it. And, no, Panthera cannot fly, he is just very fast and can jump really high.
No he got close to it a few times but i dont think his heart was in it for the kill and so he would hesitate and not mean it 100% when he attacked. Lol.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
Miss Pea-Pea decided to hop on top of my TV in my bedroom today to chase shadows, and contemplate jumping on my ceiling fan (thank goodness it's too far).

I love this shot of her.

Oscar joined her at some point, I love all the paw prints on the tv :lol3:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I got Henry last year, he was terrified and did not want to come out of his safe room. When he finally decided to 7 months later, he was still skittish. Over the past week, he has decided that he really likes my new bed and has been sleeping snuggled up by my side for the past few nights. Tonight after I got home from work and fed everyone, I decided to read my book for a while while stretched out on the bed. Henry decided to join me and here he is relaxing on his favorite of my 7 pillows. He was watching me read and he started to drift off into a nap.

This is him not long after he came to live with us. He was so scared that he would not come out from behind his bed in this box.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
This is him not long after he came to live with us. He was so scared that he would not come out from behind his bed in this box.

How sweet is that!  After so long--how gratifying.  All your love and work to take care of this guy has worked its magic.  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
When I got Henry last year, he was terrified and did not want to come out of his safe room. When he finally decided to 7 months later, he was still skittish. Over the past week, he has decided that he really likes my new bed and has been sleeping snuggled up by my side for the past few nights. Tonight after I got home from work and fed everyone, I decided to read my book for a while while stretched out on the bed. Henry decided to join me and here he is relaxing on his favorite of my 7 pillows. He was watching me read and he started to drift off into a nap.

Aw. It's wonderful to see Henry so happy and secure in his very own home! [emoji]128150[/emoji]

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How sweet is that!  After so long--how gratifying.  All your love and work to take care of this guy has worked its magic.  :heart4:
Thanks. It's been a long road but he's come so far and has gained so much confidence. I'm so proud of him. He had been coming into my room sometimes. I would wake up and find him snuggled with Sophie at the foot of the bed. I figured that would be it and it would have been fine. I'm glad that he gets along with the girls. I give them so much credit for his progress because they accepted him and made him feel welcome from the beginning. Lilith is a true diva in every sense of the word but she was very kind to him at the beginning. She used to go into his room and just stay in there with him for hours. He'd be in his tote and she would lay on the desk chair a few feet away and just keep him company. He had been with at least a dozen other cats for so long. I think she knew that he needed her. It wasn't until he decided to come out of his room that she laid down the law about the pecking order and who was queen of the castle. She's never been mean to him though. Sophie's a diva too but much more toned down than her sister. She's always been kind to him and has never picked on him.

anyway

The other night he decided to explore the big (king sized) bed and found my super soft microfiber throw that I had across me and on the bed. He started to knead it and curled up on it. He was right at my side. He fell asleep and stayed there. He's been doing that ever since. Now, any time I lay on my bed, he joins me as seen in the top picture. :) I put that pillow to the side for him because it's the one he likes best.

Last edited:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that Henry is starting to feel at home. It must have been a real shock to him to have a whole house to call his own after all that time in the shelter. He' s a very handsome boy.

anneno2

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What great action shots of Monster! Wow can that boy jump! They have the grace and beauty of ballet dancers, also what amazes me is when cats stand up on their hind legs. It looks amazing. Saw two in a fight on day and one just stood up and advanced on the other. Wisely, that cat turned and ran away!

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I caught a few good pics of Keeker this morning. 

View media item 322589
The sun was just coming up and shining through the window. 

View media item 322590
I think at this point, he was getting fed up with posing for the camera! LOL

Actually,  he had his back to me and I tapped his tail with my toe to get his attention

and he spun his head around like a hoot owl and gave me his 'back off!' look! 

View media item 322591

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
The sun was just coming up and shining through the window. 

View media item 322590
I think at this point, he was getting fed up with posing for the camera! LOL

Actually,  he had his back to me and I tapped his tail with my toe to get his attention

and he spun his head around like a hoot owl and gave me his 'back off!' look! 

View media item 322591
Oh, that last photo is great!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear that Henry is starting to feel at home. It must have been a real shock to him to have a whole house to call his own after all that time in the shelter. He' s a very handsome boy.

:heart3: :kitty2: :heart3:
Thank you. He's such a good boy. He had never been up on the shelter's website before I saw him there. He was left there with 2 littermates when they were 4 months old. His brother was adopted right away. He stayed there with his sister for 8 years until he finally decided that he would trust people. After that, they put his picture up and I "stumbled across it". There was something in those pale green eyes that said, "please come get me". I don't believe in coincidence. He was meant to be with us just as much as the girls were. I had only intended to get Lilith but ended up taking Sophie as well because people at the shelter decided that she wasn't friendly and could be ignored. I couldn't leave her with people like that. She's my baby now. The Cat Goddess knows what she is doing. :)

At the time I met him, I didn't know that Henry had a sister that he was very bonded to. They never told me. I found out much later that he had been her protector. I found out recently that his sister was far more timid than he was but once he left, she started to become more people friendly. She was taken as a permanent foster a couple of months after he was and is still with her family.

It's been so gratifying watching Henry blossom. He was so afraid when he first left the shelter but to see him now snuggled up on the bed with us, it's almost a different cat. I believe that the Cat Goddess has been watching him progress and I think that she's pleased with what she sees. He went from scared and cautious to confident and strong. He has a new home and new friends. I wish the same for his siblings.

Last edited:

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Love the pics. I followed Herny thread and I am so happy for him. The photos of Keeker are some of the best pics I have seen taken on a black cat. I love the Hoot Owl. One of my ferals is black and has white hairs in her ears. She gives that same look and we call her our hoot owl too.

Last edited:

ripley86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is a pic of my cat Mia. She was born outside to a semi feral mother. I brought her and a tuxedo cat named Dingle inside when she was 8 weeks old.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
This is a pic of my cat Mia. She was born outside to a semi feral mother. I brought her and a tuxedo cat named Dingle inside when she was 8 weeks old.
Mia is a real cutie. And so lucky you rescued her (and Dingle) to the good life. [emoji]128077[/emoji]