Black Cats Only

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Have to many cute pictures that I love of my blackie, Frannie!  But here's a few that I couldn't help but share.  Of course, most of her sleeping in her cute positions.  

She got tired of chasing the mouse on the screen, so it was nap time!

From the secret kitty santa from a group am in on Facebook!  

All the gifts she received from her secret kitty Santa!

The big belly!!

Getting the tongue action going while sleeping! LOL

Liked the box that we got a late Christmas gift in (a puzzle).

brian77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have to many cute pictures that I love of my blackie, Frannie!  But here's a few that I couldn't help but share.  Of course, most of her sleeping in her cute positions.  

She got tired of chasing the mouse on the screen, so it was nap time!

The big belly!!

look at that belly.

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
look at that belly.
Yeah, she does have a belly on her, PLUS she has the little pouch by her back legs!  So trying to brush her anywhere on her belly and legs, she doesn't like it, but I try and don't push it to much when she starts getting fiesty and a bit growly and kicky and swatty.   She had one when I adopted her back in July and have been trying to get her playing and getting active, but haven't found a real good way of doing it as can't seem to get her interested in her toys, even with the catnip spray!!  Doesn't help that with all the different visits that had taken her to to find out why she was coughing/hacking (no, wasn't a hairball issue as she wasn't getting rid of anything from either end) so much at the first vet (which didn't seem to really get any answers to questions and concerns), I switched vets and found out she has asthma, so she's been on steroid shots monthly. She had one hacking/couging spell the other night, but hoping that she won't have any (or many) more before this coming Friday as she's got an appointment for her yearly shots and will get the shot to help for her asthma.  Already had a scare thinking she was FIV+ after having the test done at the first vet that I went to and rechecked back in November with the Western Blot test and that came back negative.  Been through a lot with this girl since July!  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence

I had a foster kitten who would try to eat my kids' waffles and peanut butter sandwiches!
The stuff cats will eat! My Persian begs for potato chips (no other kind of chips) and if there is a crumb of it falling on the carpet she will find it. Better than a Roomba!

My Sascha, long at the rainbow bridge, would eat French bread, he would chew a hole into the plastic and extract several slices, dump them on the floor and eat the crispy crust. Only French bread, no other kind.

Last edited:

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Most cats get a pouch really low down in later years if they have been fixed
It is nothing to do with them being spayed or neutered from what I've read at looking into it.  Frannie is still young and only just over 3 years old.   It's called a primordial pouch.  

Here's a thread from this site:

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/156249/floppy-belly-pouch-is-this-normal

Links of more info:
http://www.ehow.com/info_12088225_primordial-pouch-cats.html

http://pawesomecats.com/2013/11/19/why-does-my-cat-have-a-flabby-tummy/

The stuff cats will eat! My Persian begs for potato chips (no other kind of chips) and if there is a crumb of it falling on the carpet she will find it. Better than a Roomba!

My Sascha, long at the rainbow bridge, would eat French bread, he would chew a hole into the plastic and extract several slices, dump them on the floor and eat the crispy crust. Only French bread, no other kind.
Frannie likes a lot of human food and try to not give her much now.  Didn't do much before, but really trying to watch it now ... but think where she was staying in her second foster home, she got spoiled there and she has been here as well, but trying to not do it so much now and want to stop it now except for maybe on a very rare occasion.  She likes ranch dressing, some cheeses (shredded mainly, but is more so when she's in the mood), meat (chicken, hamburger, bologna, ham, turkey, hot dogs) and know there's others, but ugh.  

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
When we got her in the trial period, she was hacking and they (the gal and one other person from the place I was adopting her from) said it was more than likely a hairball issue, but nothing was happening from that (with the mineral oil and pumpkin being done) and they took her in to their vet and was given a steroid shot and given medication saying it was a bronchial infection.  After a like a 3 week trial (and not the original one to make sure she was better) I adopted her and got her into the first vet I was originally going to.  After many questions and concerns being asked about and being tested positive for FIV, I switched vetscame to find out that it wasn't a bronchial infection issue, it was asthma.  The first vet didn't even show me the xrays nor did he go over them with me.  First vet prescribed different medicines for the infections (both bronchial and FIV).  Then after starting to go to second vet, found out it was pretty much a waste of money that I spent on the medication that wasn't even needed!!  Wasn't happy about that, but was happy to finally have my questions and concerns answered and know now how we can help her after finally finding out what she has!  YAY!  

This was my other baby that went missing.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It is nothing to do with them being spayed or neutered from what I've read at looking into it.  Frannie is still young and only just over 3 years old.   It's called a primordial pouch.  

Here's a thread from this site:

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/156249/floppy-belly-pouch-is-this-normal

Links of more info:
http://www.ehow.com/info_12088225_primordial-pouch-cats.html

http://pawesomecats.com/2013/11/19/why-does-my-cat-have-a-flabby-tummy/

Frannie likes a lot of human food and try to not give her much now.  Didn't do much before, but really trying to watch it now ... but think where she was staying in her second foster home, she got spoiled there and she has been here as well, but trying to not do it so much now and want to stop it now except for maybe on a very rare occasion.  She likes ranch dressing, some cheeses (shredded mainly, but is more so when she's in the mood), meat (chicken, hamburger, bologna, ham, turkey, hot dogs) and know there's others, but ugh.  
I never give my cats people food, they steal it when i am not looking or like the Persian act like a vacuum and eat up the crumbs. I had found the holes in the French bread wrappers but did not know who had done that as my cats were not in the habit of counter surfing. Then I caught Sascha just as he was jumping off the counter, the bread was on the floor and he had bread crumbs on his chin. Who would have thought of a cat eating bread! I made sure after that not to leave bread or anything else edible on the counter or anywhere a cat could get to. People food is not good for cats.  

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

The big belly!!

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I never give my cats people food, they steal it when i am not looking or like the Persian act like a vacuum and eat up the crumbs. I had found the holes in the French bread wrappers but did not know who had done that as my cats were not in the habit of counter surfing. Then I caught Sascha just as he was jumping off the counter, the bread was on the floor and he had bread crumbs on his chin. Who would have thought of a cat eating bread! I made sure after that not to leave bread or anything else edible on the counter or anywhere a cat could get to. People food is not good for cats.  
Understandable and I agree.  I know that there are some that aren't suppose to be to bad for them and that they are able to have, but I don't go overboard on giving her those things (like the different meats).  I've also given her tuna, which I didn't mention before, to be able to help with her skin and coat.  I don't give that to often, but will spread out like one of the regular cans every few weeks.  Yeah, I think my other cat liked bread with honey on it, but would only give a very few and small bites (if it was toast).  The foster home that Frannie was in would give her people food, but I've been trying to wean her off of it to where it might be very little (except for like fish to help with her skin/coat ... not sure if she'd take what would be able to mix into her food).  

flmickey90

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yes, she's really all black.  And yes, she had some brownish/reddish spots on her, but it's not as much as it use to be.  I think on some of them it is just the lighting (especially the one where she's by me by the computer).  I had gotten some pills from the vets office that can mix into their food to help with the skin and coat called DERMA-3 (Omega-3 Fatty acids and  vitamins supplements for small breeds)).  It'sby Sogeval Laboratories, inc Out of Florida.  That has helped.

http://www.sogevalus.com/page.aspx?ID=1046

frankgsterlejr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In jest, I told my black pet feline Simon that I saw so many pictures of him in the black-cats-only sections of a few cat-chat discussion-forum websites I visit. He in turn gave me that unmistakable sarcastic feline facial expression (or, at least, to me it appeared to be just such a look) which seemed to say to me: ‘I guess we all look the same to you people, eh.’

brian77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In jest, I told my black pet feline Simon that I saw so many pictures of him in the black-cats-only sections of a few cat-chat discussion-forum websites I visit. He in turn gave me that unmistakable sarcastic feline facial expression (or, at least, to me it appeared to be just such a look) which seemed to say to me: ‘I guess we all look the same to you people, eh.’
that's funny.

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My Cimba helping wrap my MIL Christmas presant. He is just my all around sweet, caring boy. He is my greeter, comforter when any of the others are sick, sleeps with his adopted big brother, vocally lets me know when it is time for food and gives me warnings that someone has used the potty station and it is not acceptable for him to use.