Black Cats Only

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Panthera, my avatar, went to the Rainbow Bridge on May 19 after having been diagnosed in January with inoperable cancer. He had been doing really well and then within 2 days was the end. He died in my arms at the vet's office. RIP, my pretty black fur baby. I miss you a lot.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Panthera, my avatar, went to the Rainbow Bridge on May 19 after having been diagnosed in January with inoperable cancer. He had been doing really well and then within 2 days was the end. He died in my arms at the vet's office. RIP, my pretty black fur baby. I miss you a lot.
Hugs for you
ce1b691477378727c6483b5d15914b96.jpg

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry :redheartpump:

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
wowee! Look at those ears! Panthera, a short-haired cat, had tiny tufts at the ends of his ears but these look like Maine Coon ears! Is she? If so her ruff won't get as big as a male's but still impressive.
Yes, she is a purebred Maine Coon :lovecat:
Her paws are heavily tufted too and her tail is utterly ridiculous LOL
She's on the smaller side in weight. Females range from about 8lbs to somewhere around 13lbs if I remember right (I'd have to look it up). She's just under 10lbs currently, but still has a long time to go before she's fully mature (another 2-3 years most likely) so hopefully she'll put on a couple by then.
Here's one where you can see her whole body. The tufts are backlit so they really show up here!
luna example now.jpg

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is my Maine Coon, he is red and does not have tufts on the tips of his ears, I understand that not all of them have them. He too has thick tufts between his toes, you can barely see the pink pads.
111516 017 (800x600).jpg

This is when I first got him, he was underweight and his fur was thin. Now he as put on enough to weigh 15 lbs as he should, if not more, which probably will not happen. I don't think he ever was fed enough when he was young to reach his proper size and weight, his fur is much thicker now and so is his plume of a tail. His fur had been so thin that it never matted, the comb went right through it. Now he gets mats if I don't comb him at least twice a week. He has also turned into a real lap cat, wants to be in my lap all the time and if he can't will sit next to my feet and sleeps with me cuddled up where Panthera used to be. Before he slept above my head.

Last edited:

JulieHarr

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nubi is my first black cat. In the picture he was not a happy cat in "vet jail" last year. Thankfully he healed up just fine. He is strong willed and stubborn. I learned quick that he is a tail talker, so I watch the tail when interacting with him. He likes to nip ankles too if he doesn't get his way.
59851899_2422563961153580_7332700933207359488_o.jpg

Apogee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she is so lovely~
do you have some of her photos when she was a kitten? my Tokyo is 2 months and has kind of simular coat, very curious how your kitty looked when she was a baby :rolleyes2:
I will post a pic the day I adopted her At the shelter. I really didn’t take many ‘good’ photos . I should have taken more pics to see her change as she grew into her coat. Cats move a lot so it’s very hard to get a shot that’s not blurry.