Black cat suddenly has white around one eye?

KelseyKatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My one year old cat Fred is a very black cat. Now all of a sudden I noticed today on the right undereye is white even a patch of white on his lash line. Anyone have an idea what this could be?

First photo is before, all black. The other two are today.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KelseyKatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Woah woah woah. I just noticed a white patch on his nose and his left eye has it too! Behind his right ear it looks like he's losing hair??? And both his left and right ears have little specks of white. He's only 1 years old!!

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Skin Conditions In Cats – TheCatSite Articles
Why is My Cat Losing Hair? Hair Loss in Cats | PetMD

I was going to say as I looked at your first post that this really seemed to be a hair loss issue. There can be lots of reasons and the article may help. I do not think this is ringworm, so don't panic, but there is an underlying skin condition. Other symptoms like itching, or anything else unusual? Before going into really obscure conditions though, how are you doing with flea control?

KelseyKatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I was going to say as I looked at your first post that this really seemed to be a hair loss issue. There can be lots of reasons and the article may help. I do not think this is ringworm, so don't panic, but there is an underlying skin condition. Other symptoms like itching, or anything else unusual? Before going into really obscure conditions though, how are you doing with flea control?
Ringworm was my biggest concern! I don't use flea control because all my cats are indoor only. They itch once in awhile but never to such an extent that you'd assume fleas.

KelseyKatz

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Although I have been getting bit. Never clusters. Just one bite here one bite there. Very very small. You may be able to see the bite mark.

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
As I said, from the pic, I don't think it is ringworm which is crustier, but I could be wrong. Fleas can still get into your house from lots of places in your yard, come in on your clothes, etc. My pet cats are indoor only, no exceptions. I used flea prevention during the warmer months (depends on where you live, etc) but last year had a huge issue with tapeworm in three of them which probably originated in the potting soil I used for their grass, and also for my kitchen herbs, which was kept outside and clearly infested with fleas once I checked it out.