Black cat names

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!
We adopted a black cat last Friday from my friends shelter. His name is Coal, which is a great name, but I'm still considering alternatives, especially since he doesn't know his name yet.
He is currently skittish but also intensely loving and affectionate. He loves to play and climb. His eyes are dark brown and he is solid black with a sleek body, like a black siamese. He is very small although he's full grown. I haven't weighed him but he's probably 7lbs?
Been considering knight, and bean, and I saw Nimbus and Dooley this morning.
Any suggestions? :bigeyes: :purr:

Attachments

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Any panther-type name would be good: Pantera/Pantero (not a Spanish-speaker--mebbe somebody can help), Panthro (TV cartoon character) or maybe just Panther. You could name him Blake, as a corruption of black, or even Schwartz (German for black).

A friend of mine says cats are born with a name and it remains for us to figure out what that name is.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since you mentioned anime, I know Luna is a popular name for black cats after the cat from Sailor Moon. There's also:

Sabrina
Salem
Sooty
Shadow
Inky
Smokey
Midnight
Minerva
Magic
Dante
Thunder
Pandora
Nyx
Astro

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi!
We adopted a black cat last Friday from my friends shelter. His name is Coal, which is a great name, but I'm still considering alternatives, especially since he doesn't know his name yet.
He is currently skittish but also intensely loving and affectionate. He loves to play and climb. His eyes are dark brown and he is solid black with a sleek body, like a black siamese. He is very small although he's full grown. I haven't weighed him but he's probably 7lbs?
Been considering knight, and bean, and I saw Nimbus and Dooley this morning.
Any suggestions? :bigeyes: :purr:
My beloved all black with a locket boy was named Wizard, which he was def, but he got that name because his pee smelled so bad when I first took him in from outside and due to using a can of wizard air freshner 😹 I am getting a name ring with a variation on that with our birthstone and I have him and Angie on a necklace as well as my others on earrings. Wizard was with me for 17 years and was likely 20-21 when he left me. Our childhood kitty all black with no spotting was Sheba. I have been thinking of other black cat names lately since I had one lh outdoor boy eating for a while, I named him Midnight but he vanished. And tragically I recently lost my beloved Jezibel, all black with a white locket and button. She was gorgeous, she passed in June after I took her in and she had a rapid oral / facial cancer.
Here are more possible names at this link.. other possibilities: jet, sable, fife just popped into my head as well as magic.

210+ Popular Names for Black Cats - All About Cats

CindyH66

Peanuts Mom
Adult Cat
Purraise
link worked, Sylorna ! thank you !! :thanks: lots of neat names for your baby boy. Have fun picking one !! when I think of magicians, Merlin always comes to mind 🧙‍♀️ LOL ...