Black bump on the nose

Shiho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He has a black spot/bump on his nose. He has this for a month or so... it is getting bigger. What it could be?
20210127_183731.jpg

VanCatMa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Did the kitty have a tick on her nose? I ask because my cat had a tick on her, and the tick left a raised scabbed area, after it was removed from her skin.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it like a scab? From the picture, it kind of looks like it. Orange cats are prone to getting things that are similar to freckles on humans, but if it's at all raised or scaly, then i would have a Vet take a look at it.

In the meantime, here is a thread that could be considered similar: Strange black spot on cat's nose

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shiho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Did the kitty have a tick on her nose? I ask because my cat had a tick on her, and the tick left a raised scabbed area, after it was removed from her skin.
Thank you so much for your reply.
He had ticks over last summer but never on his nose.. when I see any tick on him I immediately take them off properly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shiho

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Is it like a scab? From the picture, it kind of looks like it. Orange cats are prone to getting things that are similar to freckles on humans, but if it's at all raised or scaly, then i would have a Vet take a look at it.

In the meantime, here is a thread that could be considered similar: Strange black spot on cat's nose
Thank you for your reply!
It looks like black spot is getting bigger and darker... this thing started appearing a month ago or so. I hope this is nothing serious. I'll call Vet.