Bittersweet... Saying goodbye to my fosters

lisareneeo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
as a first time foster mom I didn't realize how hard it was going to be to say goodbye. I got two little babies right around 4 weeks. They were not in the best health. I got so much great advice and help from this site! Luckily I found a home where they Can go together. The new owners are very loving and will give them a wonderful life. I give them up on Saturday. I'm so sad. Does it ever get any easier?

Last edited:

macsmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've never fostered cats, because I don't think I have the strength to give them away, but I really admire you! You're doing such a great thing.

My beloved childhood cat was fostered. She was found at a construction site and taken in. She was a year or so old when I got her and I loved her dearly her whole life. Maybe if you hear from the new owners from time to time, it will make it easier because you'll see how great they're doing and how much love you're spreading.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lisareneeo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you! We do know the people adopting them and can even go visit if we want. It is going to be hard to let them go! I have really grown to love them in these past 4 weeks.

macsmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I can only imagine you do! I was just saying the other day I wish I could foster cats, my husband was like, No!! We'll end up with a hundred!! He's always wanting to bring home strays lol.

We stayed in communication with our foster mom forever. She's part of Animal Advocates and when I found a stray that was starving, they paid for her to be spayed and her shots so I could keep her. I was just out of college and broke as a joke. People that do this kind of work are amazing! Just keep imagining how much joy you're bringing.