Biting Babies!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 12 week old kitten Leo (male Siamese/Tabby) is a biter! Now, when I say biter I mean he bites all the time. Even when you try to kiss him, he will bite your mouth! While the 1st few times I thought it was funny, even cute, now it is just plain bratty! He is a non-stop player, all he wants to do is play, and that includes biting your fingers, toes, hair, face, and your lips if you dare to kiss him! He has even bitten my nose! And I'm not talking sweet little love bites, he bites hard.

I think this is a good question as alot of us have gotten new kittens or are getting them in the next 2 weeks... Thanks for your help!

catpsych

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there,
Each time Leo bites you let out a loud shriek, then leave the room immediately, closing the door behind you. Do not return for at least 10 minutes, when you do return do not pay any attention to Leo for another 5 minutes...just go about your business. Once the cat learns there is no benefit or reward for biting and that all it does is end the fun game he is playing and the attention he is getting he will quickly learn biting is not the thing to do since it puts an end to all the good stuff. Remember to be consistant with this training. This should do the trick, good luck!

Kerry

Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

My 12 week old kitten Leo (male Siamese/Tabby) is a biter! Now, when I say biter I mean he bites all the time. Even when you try to kiss him, he will bite your mouth! While the 1st few times I thought it was funny, even cute, now it is just plain bratty! He is a non-stop player, all he wants to do is play, and that includes biting your fingers, toes, hair, face, and your lips if you dare to kiss him! He has even bitten my nose! And I'm not talking sweet little love bites, he bites hard.

I think this is a good question as alot of us have gotten new kittens or are getting them in the next 2 weeks... Thanks for your help!