Biting... A Lot.

cmf1011

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So my new 12 week old kitten loves to play and snuggle and get into trouble I'm assuming like most Kittens her age lol. But she bites me and my family members a lot and I have tons of bite marks on my hands and it really hurts. Is there anyway to suppress the biting?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Everyone will have to do this - provide a soft toy instead of your hands and fingers, and you'll need to use a hiss, just like her mama would do, to get bad behavior to stop.

Also, if she's teething, take a washcloth, (well rinsed if you use scented dryer sheets) wet it and partially freeze it. Let her chew on that to help her mouth feel a little better :)

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Pretty much what Furballsmom Furballsmom said.

Provide an alternative to chew on, in case she is teething. If she uses claws or teeth on any human, the human should over react to it. Dramatic "ouch" with a total withdrawal of attention or any sort for a few seconds. Then continue as if nothing happened. Repeat as many times as needed. You want her to think humans are extremely sensitive and fragile so as she gets older she doesn't use tooth or claw with them