Birthing problem - advice please

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have a cat who also loves steak. So glad your mom cat got some good B vitamins! Most cats love formula but some do not. If she prefers table food right now I would offer her more in the form of red meat, boiled chicken, scrambled egg, cheese, and plain yogurt. Whatever she will eat. Hoping the babies are doing well today!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Micimoc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Babies are seemingly doing well, there was no more moving them about and mom is caring for them all well.
There were some gains:
Grey: 117
Black: 130
Ginger1: 134
Ginger2: 129
The grey and ginger2 are definitely having more trouble latching on and quite often I have to help them to find a spot. Black and Ginger 1 are getting quite chunky looking now, while the grey is small but with a belly, ginger 2 is long, I think he will be a big cat, but skinny.
Mom seems to be eating better but is random on what she will have. I think her milk has come in more because I can now see spots and I could never see that before.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ginger 2 has only gained 2 grams, and Grey has only gained 4 grams. If these 2 do not begin to gain more through the weekend, I would suggest that you supplement them 2-3 times a day.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Micimoc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update:
Grey, Black and Ginger1 have gained 6-10g yesterday, however Ginger 2 lost 3 grams so I started to supplement today twice so far and I can’t say it’s been going very well. He hates it and wriggles like crazy and I am not sure if he swallows much of it.
I have seen all the videos but kittens are all so placid and cooperative in those 😐