Birth

Katkare

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My daughter inlaws cat gave birth to 6 kittens 3 stillborn not developed properly.She did not clean up and is not eating or drinking..the 3 kittens had to be placed on nipples. Greiving? Exhausted?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She needs a vet check ASAP. Sounds like she may have a fever and a uterine infection that may require antibiotics or something left in the uterus or stuck in the birth canal that needs attention. She needs medical attention right away as none of this is normal.

How long ago did she give birth? Is she bleeding very much? Did mom cat eat 6 placentas?

Did the kittens try nursing? Were they rejected? Has mom’s milk come in? Are the kittens doing well on the bottle?

K Katkare

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Vet trip for sure. She might have an infection and that is why 3 died and she wont nurse the others, she is too sick. I hope they spay momma so no more kittens.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katkare

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,this was her first litter and she's not very big,my daughter in law latched babies on and she was ok to nurse them..she is doing better than what she was a little improvement