Birth Interruption?

Rayane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My female cat is 12 months old and she gave birth the day before yesterday, she had 3 healthy kittens, but after she gave birth her belly remained big that we thought she will have at least another 3, but she stopped after giving the third one, and began to act normally. But she didn't give any other birth.

I searched on internet and the results were:

- a lot of sites said that the cat can interrupt the birth for 24 to 36 ours.
- someone at thecatsite said that his cat interrupted birth for 3 days.
- some people said the interruption may continue to about a week.
- the interruption reason is matting with different toms and the time between births depends on the time between matings.

To what extent is this information correct?
Because my cat have probably matted with different toms, she is a house cat but at her last heat she ran out of the house two times at two consecutive days and we couldn't find her at both days until 2 or 3 hours, after the second day probably all the neighborhood's males were at our doorstep, while she was at the inner side looking like she wants to get outside, but she didn't do when we opened it and males didn't want to enter as well, so my father forced her outside but she returned few minutes later, this continued 2 or 3 days then she suddenly lost interest and kept away from the door. That's why I believe there is a big chance she has mated with more then one tom.

Until today's morning her belly sides where big but they suddenly became slimmer. And yesterday when I touched her I felt there is something at one of the sides.

She is acting normal ( eating and using litter box) and taking care of her kittens, some times there is a little drops of blood that I read on internet that are normal After giving birth.

I don't want to take her to the vet because she is usually aggressive towards people outside our family,and towards other animals, and that may make her nervous.

This is her the day she gave birth

And this is her the next day ( I think her belly is smaller than the first day)

Is there anything I should be worried about?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Nay. Continue to observe and be watchful but it looks fully ok.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rayane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It was almost night and she kept meowing as well as the cats outside, and he was annoyed, when the door is opened she would get closer to the outside as a cat will get close to her but she wouldn't get outside and he wouldn't get inside. But when she goes outside then get back her meowing will reduce.
This thing happened only at nights because at daytime there is a lot of people in the neighborhood, and as I said before she fears people other than my family.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you able to keep her inside 100% of the time now? Would you like help finding a clinic to have her spayed in a few months?

Rayane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
There is no problem now, actually that was the only time she insisted that much on going out.
I'm not sure I can have her spayed because it is expensive for my household income.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you are in USA we can probably help you find a low cost spaying clinic.

Just you tell our city.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The meowing will continue and get worse with each heat cycle, and will continue off and on until she is mated. Mating is brutal for the female. My little girl had three litters and seventeen kittens in one year! Don't think you can't have a hundred cats in a few years time. (or find homes for them all.) PLEASE have her spayed, she and your family will be much happier. My little one got pregnant again within weeks giving birth, so make sure you keep her in or you will have two litters to contend with. All the luck!

Rayane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you are in USA we can probably help you find a low cost spaying clinic.

Just you tell our city.
Unfortunately I'm Algerian.

The meowing will continue and get worse with each heat cycle, and will continue off and on until she is mated. Mating is brutal for the female. My little girl had three litters and seventeen kittens in one year! Don't think you can't have a hundred cats in a few years time. (or find homes for them all.) PLEASE have her spayed, she and your family will be much happier. My little one got pregnant again within weeks giving birth, so make sure you keep her in or you will have two litters to contend with. All the luck!
Well, this is the first time I know that it gets worst each cycle.
I'll do my best keeping her inside, and I'll have her spayed as soon as I get the chance.

Rayane

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone,
she didn't deliver any more kittens and her belly became slim like before pregnancy, but when she lies down at her sides, I can see a bulge only at the left side and can't be noticed when she is standing ( I think it is too close to the rib cage) , when I touched it I felt a hard thing almost the same when I touched the kittens when she was pregnant.
Her is a picture to show its place:

She doesn't show any signs of pain but I am still worried , is this normal? Is it an unborn kitten? Could it be stuck? In this case should i take her to the vet or just wait? Or could it be an inflated organ or something like that?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Prob best to let your vet do a check up.
No crash emergency but as soon you can practically arrange it.

Better safe than sorry.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? We can help you to find a rescue or a vet that can help with check ups and, eventually, spaying.