Birds of a feather

Mother Dragon

Cat slave
Top Cat
Purraise
Most of us love birds. We all have different favorites, from magnificent eagles to hummingbirds to parakeets and canaries.

I love bluejays for their bright colors and sassy attitudes. I also love cardinals for the same reasons. I loathe vultures, especially after they've been eating road kill.

What birds to you especially like?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I love Chickadees and Cardinals, both year round Minnesota birds. The chickadees are so small and I love how they zoom in, take a seed and then find a perch to crack it open, leaving room at the feeder for the next Chickadee to fly in. And the Cardinals are of course so beautiful especially when you see them against the white snow.

rgwanner

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love listening to the birds in the morning, but I don't know all the names. I love the bluejays and cardinals for their color. And the hummingbirds are just amazing - how they can fly so fast and hover being so tiny.

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

These amazing birds, Killdeer. If something predatory looking goes too close to their babies, or their nest, they'll start making a racket and "fake" having a broken wing to lure the predator off so the babies can escape. They also don't hop, they walk or run!
If you play the video, watch your cats. Ours all just shot up out of their sleep and ran in a big group to the windows. A few ran out to the catio :lol:

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Any sort of raptor. I'm convinced I will one day be the cause of an accident because they fascinate me and I will slow down to see one gliding overhead or perched on a telephone wire.

One of the neatest things I have ever seen was a bald eagle and an osprey fighting midair because the eagle got too close to the osprey's nest. This occurred near the bridge that takes you into Eufaula, AL from Georgia.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have several different kinds that come to my feeders,and I love them all.I think I'm partial to my woodpeckers,but tonight after dinner a pair of wrens came to eat,and they were just chattering away....so sweet!