Biopsy/endoscopy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the good news is there are lots of novel proteins! Farmina’s quail and pumpkin seems to keep Zorro regular. I say, once you’ve found something that works, stick to it and don’t mess around w/ diet too much or it can trigger something in their digestive systems and you are back to square one w/ diarrhea. (But that is just my experience—- every cat is different). I am still personally stymied as to why there is so much IBD…this is the first cat I’ve ever had w/ it, and now I seem to be reading about it everywhere, maybe it’s my imagination. Anyway, good luck, and Daftcat is a good port of call for advice on this.
Thanks everyone. She likes,or liked,weruva steak frites and glam n punk. Now weruva trulex duck. It seems like if you feed them variety,it will be harder to switch to a novel protein because the cat wants variety though not all cats are picky. First time since yesterday morning sitting next to me,finally. Prednisolone should increase her appetite

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, the good news is there are lots of novel proteins! Farmina’s quail and pumpkin seems to keep Zorro regular. I say, once you’ve found something that works, stick to it and don’t mess around w/ diet too much or it can trigger something in their digestive systems and you are back to square one w/ diarrhea. (But that is just my experience—- every cat is different). I am still personally stymied as to why there is so much IBD…this is the first cat I’ve ever had w/ it, and now I seem to be reading about it everywhere, maybe it’s my imagination. Anyway, good luck, and Daftcat is a good port of call for advice on this.
Oh I dunno. Betty is making me question everything I thought I had learned about IBD from Krista. 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh I dunno. Betty is making me question everything I thought I had learned about IBD from Krista. 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️
Diddo to that! I learned a lot but not enough from my cat josie with triiditis. Live and learn including doctors.research done every day

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I had a cat with moderate IBD and other health ailments. I did manage to find a few foods he did well on, and I only wanted more than one option because it seems like companies love to mess with the ingredients out of the blue. 🙄 His main trigger seemed to be anything grain free that involved peas, pulses or legumes, especially high on the list.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone. She likes,or liked,weruva steak frites and glam n punk. Now weruva trulex duck. It seems like if you feed them variety,it will be harder to switch to a novel protein because the cat wants variety though not all cats are picky. First time since yesterday morning sitting next to me,finally. Prednisolone should increase her appetite
I HAD to look up “Glam n Punk” b/c I rubbed my eyes & thought it was a typo. Would LOVE to know who got to name this can! A little T Rex Turkey or Sid Vicious Vittles for your kitty? :)

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I HAD to look up “Glam n Punk” b/c I rubbed my eyes & thought it was a typo. Would LOVE to know who got to name this can! A little T Rex Turkey or Sid Vicious Vittles for your kitty? :)
Hahaha!! Weruva has some really fun names for some of their food!
Years ago one of my friends saw a bag of "Turducken" sitting around, and what they saw was "Turd-ucken". We both laughed, and I laughed harder when she got to work a few days later and opened her work cabinet and I had taped the "Turducken" label on the inside of the door. It was there for years :)

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It's lamb and duck. I am hoping she will continue to eat it because my cat that steals food hates it. My workouts have strange names: Romanian dead lift,nanny,pickle,berry,gonzo,and many more