Big Surprise!

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found out on July 15 that I am pregnant with my first baby. It took a few days to sink in, but I was starting to get excited...so was my husband. I went for blood work and they estimated me around 11 weeks. We thought it was crazy that I was 11 weeks and hadn't had any symptoms and had no idea I was pregnant. I had my first prenatal appointment on Monday and they gave me papers for an ultrasound. I had that this afternoon and got the biggest shock of my life. It turns out, I am 23 weeks, 6 days pregnant. 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my word!!!  That isn't unheard of but I just can't imagine the shock myself!!

BUT A BIG BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! 
 Little girls are SOOO much fun!  Being a mommy is hard work but I laugh so much more now that I am a Mom.

Have a happy, healthy rest of your 9 months!  If you ever need a "mommy ear" to bend; dont hesitate to PM me!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Wow!  You cruised through those weeks with no morning sickness.. what a bonus!

Those ultrasound pics are wonderful, aren't they...

CONGRATULATIONS!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations..so many women will be jealous of you!  In my career as an l&d RN, I saw many unusual things..one was a woman who after delivery of a 6+ lb. baby left with No excess weight, no tummy..fit right back into her usual very small size jeans.  It was astounding!

I wish you all the best!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my word!!!  That isn't unheard of but I just can't imagine the shock myself!!

BUT A BIG BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! 
 Little girls are SOOO much fun!  Being a mommy is hard work but I laugh so much more now that I am a Mom.

Have a happy, healthy rest of your 9 months!  If you ever need a "mommy ear" to bend; dont hesitate to PM me!
Congratulations..so many women will be jealous of you!  In my career as an l&d RN, I saw many unusual things..one was a woman who after delivery of a 6+ lb. baby left with No excess weight, no tummy..fit right back into her usual very small size jeans.  It was astounding!

I wish you all the best!
I've already had a few people say they are jealous that I never got sick at all. 

A girl that I know told me that until she was 8 months pregnant she had only gained 8 pounds and then ended up gaining like 15 more. She said she left the hospital less than 24 hours later after having the baby weighing less than when she got pregnant. She is really tiny too. 

Last edited:

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news --- congratulations to you and your husband.    Little girls are great --- do you have a name picked out yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wonderful news --- congratulations to you and your husband.    Little girls are great --- do you have a name picked out yet?
Not yet. We are really stuck with the name. I want to go to the library and get a baby name book.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
awwww, congrats to you and your hubby!!!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've already had a few people say they are jealous that I never got sick at all. 

A girl that I know told me that until she was 8 months pregnant she had only gained 8 pounds and then ended up gaining like 15 more. She said she left the hospital less than 24 hours later after having the baby weighing less than when she got pregnant. She is really tiny too. 
Um yeah I'm jealous.  My morning sickness wasn't terrible with DD; just there all day till I was like 14 weeks.  With DS once I discovered Sea Bands I didn't take them off till like the 2nd trimester.  I never actually threw up; just being sooo nauseous all the time...Yeah it's like birth control now.
  After that I loved being pregnant.

Pregnancy has actually been a good diet for me...because I am overweight to begin with!  Both times I ended up weighing less than I started within a week or so of delivery.  With DD I ended up more than 30lb lighter!  If I only maintianed it that time!  I know quite a few girls who went pretty far into pregnancy without showing.  Especially with their first babies.  I was "showing" but only to those who knew me well enough to tell the difference between what was just me and what was baby!  Oh well!