Big storm brewing!!!!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well here we go again
another nasty winter storm is heading our way (St. Louis)
they are calling for significant ice accumulations as well as 8+ inches of snow. What an awful winter we are having- not just here either! I feel sooo bad for the east coast they've gotten slammed this year

All I know is I cannot wait til spring

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no, stay as warm as you can. It worries me that we will get all the snow from the US when yours has passes, hope not
x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you

Hopefully it'll pack less of a punch if it reaches you!

noisette

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i hear you. We live in Colorado and were getting an big ice storm tonight. (maybe effects from the same one your in for?) My mother lives on the east coast and she's hating it. All 3 of her plans to visit have been canceled by the weather this year.

Were crossing our fingers for an early spring!

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're to get the bottom part of that same front soon, too. I hope it's not too bad, for any of us, and that everyone stays warm (and with power on).

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Noisette

i hear you. We live in Colorado and were getting an big ice storm tonight. (maybe effects from the same one your in for?)
Yep, same storm

snow I can handle, but ice!!!! ugh

Its going to start here tommorow as freezing rain, turn into snow on tuesday and snow all the way into wednesday

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We're supposed to get that storm Monday night/Tuesday day. According to the National Weather Service, we're supposed to get anywhere from 4-7". Boo! I hate snow!!!!!

chichismom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes!
Please let the power stay on!!!!!!!!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That same system is heading south to me as well. Please keep all the snow, freezing rain, and other wet stuff up north. Thank you.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We've already had two ice storms this year and record snowfall for the month. We have layers of snow, ice, snow, ice - it's enough already! I haven't checked recently, but I didn't see much in the way of snow (or ice) supposed to be headed our way (NJ), but we ARE falling back into the highs of teens and lows of around 0 (in celsius that's highs of -8 to -10ish and lows of around -18).

Hope everyone's power stays on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Our weatherweenies think it will start here Tuesday morning as snow, then go into freezing rain Tuesday afternoon to continue into Wednesday afternoon sometime. It won't be pretty.

Thankfully DH has both Tuesday and Wednesday off work. He's already said he plans to take me into work on Tuesday and that I should put in for a vacation day on Wednesday....if it gets as bad as the weatherweenies say it will, he's not leaving the house at all. If my boss wants to come down and pick me up on Wednesday morning, that's fine. But we're not driving in.

We worry more about the electricity going down than anything as our house has electric heat. I guess, if that happens, we can clump with the cats in bed.
After the storm hits, though, we're going to get a bad Arctic blast of really frigid weather into the weekend....that won't be pretty either.

It will be interesting to see what the groundhog does on Wednesday....with a storm like that, hard to believe, he'd see his shadow!

Is it spring yet?

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, they say western New York is in for the storm on Wednesday..now they say maybe a mix of rain and snow. Ice is terrible. The poor deer can't get through the layers to get to the grass underneath.

I can remember one ice storm. I kept hearing someone shooting in the middle of the night. I opened the back door, and I was hearing limbs breaking back in the woods from the weight of the ice! And I live under maple trees.

I am with you guys.....cant wait till spring. I just want to see some grass!!!!

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers that there is no damage.

crazycalico

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Its been a horrible winter up north....The snow in my back yard has to be almost 4 feet deep. I think we have had maybe a half dozen decent days this winter, its either snowing a ton or -30 to-45 (that's celsius, plus windchill). I haven't had any ice storms though....hope your storm doesn't end up being too wild!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well they predict 4 inches to start tomorrow, the weather forecasters aren't putting a number for Tuesday as the path of this HUGE storm is not firmed up. If it tracks more north ???? We are supposed to have alot of wind so depending on the amount of snow for Tuesday it could be blizzard conditions. Good thing I went to the grocery store today!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, being in NW NJ, looks like we're going to catch some of this storm - worst of it Tuesday. We're "only" expecting 6" of snow and 1/2 inch of ice.

What I don't like about it is the expected wind.
Thankfully, the ferals have already proven they've got safe, warm places as they've already made it through one blizzard, several snowstorms, two ice storms, and insanely bitterly cold conditions (for this area).

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A question I've asked many people over the years...

"How cold would it have to get to make you stop worrying about global warming and start worrying about the next ice age?"

This isn't an idle thought. Keep in mind just 20 years ago, many scientists thought we were at the beginning of a new ice age.

My brother in Arkansas told me today they have had (so far) the coldest January on record.

On the other hand, we just had two days in the 70's. Of course, that's normal for our area. South wind, warm. North wind, cold. And we're about 4 weeks from daffodils.