Big Price Increase Here, What About Your Area?

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After the first of the year, prices on Fancy Feast canned and Friskies canned jumped 9 cents a can at the local PetSmart. (along the MA-NH border) Just wondering if these price increases are happening in other areas?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't buy those specific brands, but as far as I can tell every time I turn around the price has jumped on most all things - cat food/supplies as well as human stuff.

There are a lot of members on this site that use the brands you refer to. Hopefully, they will respond soon and let you know if they have seen price increases in their areas.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This article says a lot of the big food distributors, including Nestle which makes Fancy Feast, are having to raise prices. Sounds like there were some new truck driver regulations and a shortage of drivers causing big cost increases in transporting products.

(I would expect transportation cost increases will impact more than just food.)

Minimum wage also just increased in 20 states on the 1st, so prices go up to cover those costs too.

Food prices are going up next year

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It seems to me that food prices have been steadily going up the past year. I feed FF and Friskies, but haven't been paying attention to the specific prices.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess there is a downside to people moving more toward to online purchases....we appear to have a shortage of trucks and truck drivers right now. Maybe it will settle down after people made holiday gift returns and exchanges.

Universal Traffic Service

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
After the first of the year, prices on Fancy Feast canned and Friskies canned jumped 9 cents a can at the local PetSmart. (along the MA-NH border) Just wondering if these price increases are happening in other areas?
Thanks for letting us know. I live in Ma. and bought 25 cans of FF last week for .55 cents a can. I just checked their website and its gone up to .66 cents a can. Sigh. I'm guessing it has to do with the minimum wage increase her in Ma.

I guess I'll stick with buying from Chewy or Amazon. Their prices haven't increased...yet

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope this is a short-term increase. I read that FedEx, UPS and the Post Office are all increasing prices.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

theyremine

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't think this particular increase was due to increased minimum wage as this PetSmart is in NH which had no increase.
I use 180 cans of FF a month for my 5. I also donate Friskies to feed ferals. A cost increase for me but even a bigger one for the rescue I volunteer for which feeds FF and Friskies.
An increase of a penny or two is understandable but this seems ?

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is a big increase from a percentage standpoint. Hopefully it's temporary.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about stores but I noticed Hound and Gatos cases on chewy have gone up like $5/case. Pretty steep. My salary hasn't gone up that much that's for sure.

Pjg8r

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seeing increases in Florida. I went to Tractor Supply today and their 4Health brands have increased as well as their Friskies-several cents/can.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
we appear to have a shortage of trucks and truck drivers right now.
My cousin (who's a trucker) says that when unemployment is low they run out of truckers because nobody really wants to live in a box and stare out the window 11 hours a day. But he may just be cranky ;).

Ugh, I'll have to keep an eye on the prices. I haven't noticed anything yet but then I haven't been shopping since the 1st anyway.

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Both Target and petsmart have raised the price of fancy feast. I hope Walmart doesnt also. I just recently put them on we feedings of wet food. As well as 2 feedings of dry. I am so afraid of not being able to afford to feed them :/

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I try to catch the Friskies on sale and just stock up, but yeah looks like petsmart up here in Canada have increased prices too. Though everything has gone up in price here due to the stupid carbon tax as well as minimum wage increase.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Petco went from 68¢ to 75¢ a few weeks ago in the Midwest’s area. I think it’s fair to say it’s happening everywhere. But we’ll soon be phasing our all fancy feast and friskies so I guess it won’t matter for long.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Saw on chewy that Evangers Premium Quail Dinner case has gone up from $48 to $50 I believe. Grrr.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Price increases in suburban Detroit are about the same: Roughly 10 cents a can for Friskies at both Kroger's and Petco.

crashann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am in Texas, and yes, they seem to be increasing every so many months. I am now purchasing Fancy Feast on Chewy.com, and I love it! They were offering $20.00 off on your first order a while back. I set up my order & they will auto-ship every 4, 5, 6 weeks, whatever you request, and it arrives at your doorstep. Check it out.

crashann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Petco went from 68¢ to 75¢ a few weeks ago in the Midwest’s area. I think it’s fair to say it’s happening everywhere. But we’ll soon be phasing our all fancy feast and friskies so I guess it won’t matter for long.
Let me just add that going to a cheaper food is NOT the answer! You get what you pay for...my cats' health is more important than few dollars a month. I refuse to feed them junky food.