Big Ears, Huge Paws, Long Tail

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I have a dsh of completely unknown parentage, and people keep commenting on her extremities. Examples:

"Oh, her ears are so big." -random people at the blessing of the animals.
"Her paws are huge." -bf
"Her tail is soooo long." -coworker (who I don't think is wrong. I can't get an exact measurement on Lelia's tail, but it's at least a foot long)

I'm curious if she's going to grow into them or if they'll always be a bit big. How much more growing do kittens do between 7.5 months and a year? I know she was 6.88lbs at the beginning of the month (and 2.88 at the beginning of July) and the vet thinks she'll grow to 9 or 10lbs.

This has been her trajectory so far:

4.5 months
20170826_160303.jpg

5 months:
20170906_183313.jpg

6 months:
20171013_192303.jpg

And recently at 7 months:
20171107_204620.jpg

Does it look like she's started growing into them these past 3 months? (I'm thinking the ears a bit, but it's hard to tell) I love her either way, but I'm just curious what others might think.

Possibly relevant: she was early!spayed at about 13 weeks if that affects growth in any way.

Thanks!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
With those big ears, long legs, long whip-like tail, wedge-shaped head, and slender body, I'd say that there's a good chance she has some Oriental in her! And fairly recent influence, by the looks of it. What a stunning girl!

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
With those big ears, long legs, long whip-like tail, wedge-shaped head, and slender body, I'd say that there's a good chance she has some Oriental in her! And fairly recent influence, by the looks of it. What a stunning girl!
:yeah:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I'm assuming that's a 'probably not' for the growing into them, then? :p

Well that's all right. I've kind of grown partial to those big ears and paws at this point anyway. <3

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just an update.

8 months:
20171213_162309.jpg

9.5 months
20180126_180510.jpg

I guess if I'd just been patient I could have answered the "will she grow into them?" myself. Because surely she must be nearly through growing!

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
What is her name? She is simply gorgeous. The 5 months photo would go great in the 'Show us the Whiskers' thread' and there is a 'Show me the eyes' one that she would look good in too.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What is her name? She is simply gorgeous. The 5 months photo would go great in the 'Show us the Whiskers' thread' and there is a 'Show me the eyes' one that she would look good in too.
Her name is Lelia! I put a picture of her in "show me your eyes" a while back, but I get frustrated, because I think they're so much prettier than what my camera can handle. And lately she's being a teenager and not liking me taking any pictures, but I'm sure she'll be back in both threads again eventually. :blush:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
Her name is Lelia! I put a picture of her in "show me your eyes" a while back, but I get frustrated, because I think they're so much prettier than what my camera can handle. And lately she's being a teenager and not liking me taking any pictures, but I'm sure she'll be back in both threads again eventually. :blush:
:camera::fear:Oh Gypsy hates having her picture taken! Lelia is a lovely name. Looking forward to seeing you two around the site :hellocomputer:

Last edited: