BIG cats......

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Nekomania

And as a side note...Thank you AmberTheBobcat for taking Cougars into your home!!!! If I had the opportunity and the chance to be an exotic cat owner, that would be my first choice. It breaks my heart that they are seen as a "pest" or nusience here in my state. They get a lot of bad press here in Washington and it's just sad. No one here seems to appreciate the beauty that these cats offer to the already beautiful scenery here.
I liked your whole post
It saddens me too, when I hear of these great cats thought of as pests or a mean vicious animal. I wish I could let everyone who thinks that way, to come visit our cougar. He is such a sweet boy and has such a strong bond with us. Sure, he is still a cougar and a wild animal, but he is proof (as well as our bobcats) that these wild cats can live peacefully with us humans, both in the wild and captivity. Thank you for understanding

jada

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Though i adore wild cats and tigers in particular, i think they are rather dangerous for humans even if they don't express now their wild nature. There are lots of accidents when wild cats killed people after long time of living together.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jada

Though i adore wild cats and tigers in particular, i think they are rather dangerous for humans even if they don't express now their wild nature. There are lots of accidents when wild cats killed people after long time of living together.
Well this may be true that there have been some accidents, there are not lots of them. Even so, most if not all incidents involve the owner and or care takers of the animals and not the general public. When someone from the public is harmed, in these cases, most if not all, are from that person doing somethine very stupid and not obeying any and all warning signs posted. In addition, there are many cases where our beloved domestic dogs injure and kill people. Lets also not forget, how many every day things we do in our lives are much more dangerous, than someone owning big cats. Driving kills many every year. More people are killed in the shower, than have ever been killed or injured by big cats in captivity. So you see, this so called "danger' is just a scare tactic used by the AR to try to force their beliefes on others. Owning big cats is not dangerous, when done so responsibly. You do something stupid, yes, you can get hurt. Same goes with driving. You do something stupid, like drive while talking and texting on your cell phone or worse yet, drive drunk, you can injure or kill yourself and other people as well. Almost everything we do has some inherent danger or risk. When you look at the statistics, you have a much much greater chance of winning the mega millions lottery jackpot, getting struck by lighting or dieing while in the shower, than getting injured by a big cat in capitivty.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would love to be able to take care of big cats! That would be my dream come true! If I had alot of money thats where it would go, to a big cat rescue! They are such magnificent creatures and should never go extinct on our planet. Man can go extinct before the big cats do!!! They were here before we took over!