BIG Cat Tree Recs Please!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Big, meaning large sized platform landings!

We have a purebreed Maine Coon so we know she's going to get quite large - she is already 8 pounds at just over 6 months old. It's been difficult figuring out what cat trees will fit her eventual adult sized body. When I read reviews many mention that they do not quite fit larger sized cats.

So, can anyone make suggestions to cat trees that have really good sized landing spots? At least 5-6' high preferable, not much over that as we'd like to be able to get hold of her if need be. Prefer a more modern appearance (i.e. no carpet) but not a necessity. Dislike those that are too crazy looking that do not make sense to how a cat will manuever through it. Ladders with tiny rungs? Meh. Not needed.

Not concerned with price.

Absolutely must be stable and well weighted as we do not want to have to anchor into our walls; we have a very old home with hand done plaster that will crumble if nailed into.

Thanks!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I love the deluxe trees from this company, Deluxe Cat Trees

I have one of their smaller trees (height wise but still a deluxe model) for my 14 pound boy and it feels/looks incredibly stable even when he runs onto it or is hanging from the post. Size wise, he can curl up in the bed or on the platform comfortably. He is a very long and lanky 14 pounds and often gets mistaken as 18-20 pounds by people who see him because he is so long. I know another member posted a while back that they used one of the larger deluxe trees for their large Maine Coon boy and it worked really well. I think they got the Mount Hood one which has a stability bar that braches against the ceiling.

I drive right by their warehouse on my commute so I was able to buy from the showroom at a discount.

Here is my boy stretched out and curled up in the cat bed of the tree. The tree stand does not wobble when he is in it or gets in it. I did get the smallest one that make because of space restrictions but it's the deluxe version with thicker stands.

IMG_20191013_132337.jpg
IMG_20190422_215737.jpg

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kieka Kieka Thank you! Those look really good. And, they also weigh a ton!
PS your boy is extremely good looking :redheartpump:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
If you're able to get to a cat show in your area, some shows have a vendor who makes cat trees. If they don't have one that suits you they would likely take tv an order for a custom tree.

The show flyers will have a phone number for the show manager and some list the vendor coordinator. You'd want to call in advance to find out what vendors will be there.

Texaskitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love the deluxe trees from this company, Deluxe Cat Trees

I have one of their smaller trees (height wise but still a deluxe model) for my 14 pound boy and it feels/looks incredibly stable even when he runs onto it or is hanging from the post. Size wise, he can curl up in the bed or on the platform comfortably. He is a very long and lanky 14 pounds and often gets mistaken as 18-20 pounds by people who see him because he is so long. I know another member posted a while back that they used one of the larger deluxe trees for their large Maine Coon boy and it worked really well. I think they got the Mount Hood one which has a stability bar that braches against the ceiling.

I drive right by their warehouse on my commute so I was able to buy from the showroom at a discount.

Here is my boy stretched out and curled up in the cat bed of the tree. The tree stand does not wobble when he is in it or gets in it. I did get the smallest one that make because of space restrictions but it's the deluxe version with thicker stands.

View attachment 307490View attachment 307492
Your boy is so beautiful!

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you're able to get to a cat show in your area, some shows have a vendor who makes cat trees. If they don't have one that suits you they would likely take tv an order for a custom tree.

The show flyers will have a phone number for the show manager and some list the vendor coordinator. You'd want to call in advance to find out what vendors will be there.
Thanks for reminding me about this. We were at one over the summer nearby - the big one in NJ which happened to be close to home but it was right before we brought Luna home and we went mostly to meet up with her breeder. Didn't even occur to us to shop for stuff on that trip! I honestly had no idea she'd grow this fast LOL. She's about as big as our other 10 year old cat already although not quite as much in pounds but I'm sure by the time she hits a year she will be.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our cats prefer shelves (built in's). Which, sure don't look "cat like"...well, not until your dusting all the footprints and cat hair off of them. :lol:
The only cat tree that we had that worked was a monster of a thing that I custom made. And it was screwed to the floor and the wall to keep it stable. They still preferred the shelving. So I un-made it....ugh
If they're not supposed to be on it........that's where they are.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
These threads have suggestions if you haven't already seen them:

The Aruba cat trees are pretty big and sturdy ARUBACAT - CAT FURNITURE The perches are slightly curved, not flat.

You may want to check out Etsy for custom made trees.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lots of fantastic recommendations everyone, thank you so much! Going to have a good look through them later today!