Big Bad Banana!

marc999

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes - my cat despises bananas. She knows them by sight and remembers their fowl odor apparently.

When I pick a banana up off the counter and start peeling it, she frowns and runs away.

Anyone else experience this interesting phenomena?

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Yes - my cat despises bananas. She knows them by sight and remembers their fowl odor apparently.

When I pick a banana up off the counter and start peeling it, she frowns and runs away.

Yes but not with a cat. With my DD and me. The smell of bananas makes me gag. They are horrible little things. They smell awful, the texture is vile and the taste is just gross. your cat must be very sophisticated and have excellent taste. Good kitty!! 

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise

Yes but not with a cat. With my DD and me. The smell of bananas makes me gag. They are horrible little things. They smell awful, the texture is vile and the taste is just gross. your cat must be very sophisticated and have excellent taste. Good kitty!! 

How interesting!  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My husband claims I taught Mogli to hate bananas, but it's simply that neither one of us can stand the smell of them.