catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At first he sounded a little overwhelmed and I was working up some sort of empathy for him. But then he just got carried away and went too far. Of course that's the philosophy PETA has too---better to put them down than for them to risk suffering---so really he's no different from any kill shelter. But he definitely shouldn't have lied to those pet owners.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
W Willowy - yes, it seemed like his intentions were good at first but after he did it in other states and was recruiting from cat rescuers by lying, I lost sympathy. I saw about this in a detailed FB post by another rescuer but I can't find the link to that post. For me, it's the deception that hurts most.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I can't even bring myself to read about it :fuming::bawling:
If it helps, he does have the kitties euthanized humanely by veterinarians which is better than other alternatives. But he wastes valuable resources in destroying cats who are TNVR'd not to mention the heartache of the betrayal!

bitkit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If it helps, he does have the kitties euthanized humanely by veterinarians which is better than other alternatives. But he wastes valuable resources in destroying cats who are TNVR'd not to mention the heartache of the betrayal!
Haven't really looked into this but anyone who takes cats to the vet to be euthanized is most likely a caring individual, why don't you bring light to the people that torture or kill cats for pure enjoyment.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haven't really looked into this but anyone who takes cats to the vet to be euthanized is most likely a caring individual, why don't you bring light to the people that torture or kill cats for pure enjoyment.
I put this article in this forum because the crux of the issue is that tnr groups are surrendering their cats to this guy under the false belief that they are going into a sanctuary (you know - warm cat rooms, toys, snuggly beds, access to safe outside enclosures) but he kills them instead. These rescuers have put their heart, time, money, donations and lives (ALL very precious resources) into managing their colonies. Many of these ferals are of mature age with snug shelters and relatively good treatments (parasite management, good food, access to fresh water) and it is only the lure of a nice sanctuary that entices the caretakers of these cats to capture them (ferals are more likely to be re-caught by trusted caretakers). It is up to the colony's rescue group to determine if the cats should be put down. Also, veterinarians are being ILLEGALLY deceived into euthanizing these poor cats. If some random guy was taking your own tame cat into a vet office to be killed, your cat would likely exhibit enough fear that a vet could easily assume they are feral. Some of the victims of Mr. Zhang's odd philosophy were friendly cats who happened to be outside.
I have tried to bring to light some of the horrific abusers and cases but I use the "IMO" forum and "Breaking Mews" forum instead. There are so many tender hearts in the main forums that such disturbing topics are inappropriate here. For the inside/outside debate or debating philosophies similar to Mr. Zhang's, you can start a thread in IMO Forum so we can discuss those issues and at least I will weigh in - just remember that while "ears back and light hissing" are okay, we must "keep those claws sheathed"!! :argue: :livid: :popcorn::read::smash::whistle: :chillpill::doh::dunno::agreedisagree::winner::grouphug:

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'd like to :censored: :censored: and :censored: this guy. :angryfire::angryfire::fuming:

What a piece of :censored:.