*"BEVIS SHUT UP " !

BEVIS SHUT UP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
9 week old kitten 48 hours since I adopted him now I've delt with the same issue w/ a deferent kitten ok : at 4 AM ! Bevis looks up at the walls and starts to scream at something it's not hunger or poop issues. last time it only lasted to nights it's going on 3 days some say sperits should I call Father "Damien Carris "??

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Since he is so young, he could just be crying because he is lonesome or looking for mom. I would pick him up and see if cuddling him quiets him down. Usually I suggest putting them out of the room if they get too noisy but not when they are this tiny.

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Get him a ticking alarm clock or a heartbeat toy. A radio, softly playing on a talk show will also help.

It will get better as he adjusts and feels your place is "his."

He's training you. If you keep getting up when he cries, he'll keep doing it. Tough love, but you need to stop reinforcing the behavior. It may take some real willpower.

Does he have a little bed, all his own? Putting some of your dirty clothes there will help him associate your smells with his territory.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

BEVIS SHUT UP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Since he is so young, he could just be crying because he is lonesome or looking for mom. I would pick him up and see if cuddling him quiets him down. Usually I suggest putting them out of the room if they get too noisy but not when they are this tiny.

Roger that no go ! he is looking up at the walls like he can see something he is very loviñg but at 04:00 to sun up he's like on some meth I can't control him I've raised 2 litters of kittens never seen this he's a very loving but very uneasy
I agree with susanm9006 susanm9006 . He is probably looking for mom or his litter mates and is scared. He needs comfort and reassurance.

[QUOTE="klunick, post: 5416774, member: 10051
I agree with susanm9006 susanm9006 . He is probably looking for mom or his litter mates and is scared. He needs comfort and reassurance.
[/QUOTE] ..... at 06: 00 he stoped all crying and is playing w/ me like it never happened 04:00 - 06:00 he changes looks up at wall and speaks to something he is looking at something he could be a" seer"

BEVIS SHUT UP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Get him a ticking alarm clock or a heartbeat toy. A radio, softly playing on a talk show will also help.

It will get better as he adjusts and feels your place is "his."

He's training you. If you keep getting up when he cries, he'll keep doing it. Tough love, but you need to stop reinforcing the behavior. It may take some real willpower.

Does he have a little bed, all his own? Putting some of your dirty clothes there will help him associate your smells with his territory.
[/QUOT
I have done all the above he needs cat Adderall "" wow he is all over the appt when he decided to trust me he let it show now he's so clingie I can't do anything but put him in a bearhug and hold on. ADD ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is only nine weeks old. Still quite young.

Even though people say that eight weeks is the minimum age to adopt a kitten, most believe that it’s better to wait until the kitten is twelve weeks old.

So…. Even though you are “legal,” so to speak, your kitten is still a bit on the young side. It would be logical for a kitten at that age to exhibit the behaviors you describe.

It will probably take another three weeks to a month for your kitten to acclimate to its new home.

No, your kitten doesn’t see ghosts. He probably sees something unfamiliar or frightening in your house that he has never seen before because he’s so young and this is his first time away from his mother.

Weren’t you afraid of shadows and things when you were a young child?

Same goes for your kitten. ;)

BEVIS SHUT UP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sorry I'm somewhat disabled I reply here .ok he's the most hyperactive cat I've ever met wow!! very shy frist 36 hours now he's taking over he's the companion to Ebi- son my doll face Hymilayan
Your kitten is only nine weeks old. Still quite young.

Even though people say that eight weeks is the minimum age to adopt a kitten, most believe that it’s better to wait until the kitten is twelve weeks old.

So…. Even though you are “legal,” so to speak, your kitten is still a bit on the young side. It would be logical for a kitten at that age to exhibit the behaviors you describe.

It will probably take another three weeks to a month for your kitten to acclimate to its new home.

No, your kitten doesn’t see ghosts. He probably sees something unfamiliar or frightening in your house that he has never seen before because he’s so young and this is his first time away from his mother.

Weren’t you afraid of shadows and things when you were a young child?

Same goes for your kitten. ;)

BEVIS SHUT UP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
sorry I'm somewhat disabled I reply here .ok he's the most hyperactive cat I've ever met wow!! very shy frist 36 hours now he's taking over he's the companion to Ebi- son my doll face Hymilayan " miss priss susiecreamcheese " should be the poster child for world peace one look and even the worst of worst types become humble just looking at pure innocence but I'm worried about health issues w/ Hymalaian breed dollface Hymies have bad health issues from too much interbreeding so
I'm blessed to have them .

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm not trying to say that you're doing anything wrong. I'm just explaining a few things then, maybe, you can use that to understand why your kitten behaves the way he does. Okay? :)

Consider this... A kitten that is eight weeks old is equal to a two or three year old human child.

If you think about it, you will probably see that your kitten is acting similar to a three year old kid.

How would a three-year-old act if he suddenly moved to a new home where he didn't know anybody?

:) :)

BEVIS SHUT UP

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no I'm well versed in the upbringing of kittens/ cats I have bottle fed 7 by myself I'm just want to know if anyone knows a trick or 2 to defuse a confused cat from being so loud and hyper yes you are correct about settle in a few days but he has a Bulllhorn Meow sure he'll get over soon thanx for your input...

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
This could also be just normal kitten play. My 7 month old has always done something similar, mainly at night because that is when cats are most active. He will look at the ceiling or around the house and call or scream, and then run around like a mad man. He's playing pretend, simulating normal cat behaviors if he were still a feral.

It could of course be stress though, as others have mentioned.