Better To Have Known And Lost Or Never Known?

Pucks104

My boys!
Alpha Cat
Purraise
George and Louie have been with us for just over 3 months and have settled nicely into our home. We live in a single family home in the suburbs and probably will for 5-6 more years. After that we will probably move to a single level condo in a community with a HOA. I have begun thinking about building a catio that would allow the kitties protected access to the outdoors. However, once we move in a few years they would lose that option as the HOA would never agree to a catio enclosure attached to the outside of the homes in the condo community. Do I keep the kitties totally indoors or look into building a catio that they could enjoy for several years but would lose access to when we move in a few years? What would you do?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! I'd definitely, absolutely 100% build the catio. Here's why, in my opinion - the mental and emotional benefits they will gain from this kind of outside access is incalculable.

Then when you move, you can do things in your condo such as cat trees and hopefully you'll be able to add shelves for the cats to make the condo "bigger" for them :) ...and besides, 5-6 years can be considered a long ways down the road, --the plans of mice and men, and all that sort of thing :winkcat:

Catio? yessir :thumbsup: :cloud9: