Better late than never: Pingo

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Should have posted these photos before, but here we go. This is about Pingo, my mother-in-law's cat. She asked me to post this, since she's not really internet-saavy. Just like brazilians in general, Pingo knows how to turn on the charm. Here's his story from elsewhere on the internet (moderators, hope I'm not breaking any rules with this ):

Appearances can be deceving. I started out as a foundling, and that's where the name came from- I was just a tiny little thing living on the streets of Rio de Janeiro. Fortunately, I was rescued by a kind soul and given a place to stay. From there I found my home and family.

From the beginning, it was clear that I'm a "latin lover." I have a talent for conquering hearts, and do so all the time. The people who rescued me from the streets still keep in touch, and always say that they miss me; so do I. I always enjoy their visits. Meeting new people is always a pleasure. It's even better when they play with me. I'm always ready to play, and if you play with me you can be my friend too.

It wasn't just my tiny size that got attention, although that helped. Everybody thought I was just going to be a runt, and then I did start to grow. Coming from the street I obviously don't have a pedigree but then again I don't really need one. I'm Brazilian, and carioca- the name for somebody born and raised in Rio de Janeiro- and that's what I'm all about. I'm clever, love climbing and jumping, and have never been accused of shyness.

Besides playing the usual games I love to explore. My curiosity about discovering new places and new people has added to my reputation. Learning to open cabinets was the beginning, and went from there. On a recent adventure I decided that my apartment was too small and went exploring in the neighbor's apartment. She fell for my charms too, and still keeps in touch. I like her too, and pay her the occaisional visit.

Some of the best times of my life were during my "Summer Camp." My mom went traveling for a month, and I got to stay with her daughter and son-in-law. Yipee, new places to explore and new people to meet! It was the best month of my life; every day filled with inventing and playing new games, and exploring new places. The time passed all too quickly, and I was sad to have to leave. But of course, I still keep in touch with them; they visit me regularly. When they do we spend the whole time playing.

It was during my Summer Camp that I met Pantera. She arrived near the end of my stay there, so our time together was all too short. The beginning was tense, as everybody was concerned about how I would react to the high-strung kid. Of course, we became fast friends. We were together for only a week, but it was a whirlwind of nonstop activity. Pantera also loves games such as chase, wrestling, hide and seek; we played for hours on end. It has been a while, it's about time for another visit and round or two of games with her.

So we've reached the end of my story so far. Don't be fooled by its brevity; sometimes less is more. Living "La Dolce Vita," surrounded by people who love me and play with me, it doesn't get any better than this. I'm right where I want to be, and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

**shameless plug** Check out Pingo's album here