Best wet hypoallergenic food for cat allergies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks ladytimedramon: I'll keep it in mind if the other things don't work.

Katdog

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I might have missed this but just to be all on the same page - r u doing transition introductions to the diff food flavor or just straight one flavor onto the next ?

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I might have missed this but just to be all on the same page - r u doing transition introductions to the diff food flavor or just straight one flavor onto the next ?
I transitioned from Instinct chicken pate to Merrick's turkey pate and she seems to take it well so far but we'll see. She is still scratching but it has only been one day so.....

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it's difficult but it might be worth a try to avoid all legumes. That includes peas, chickpeas, lentils. I have been having good results with Cat Person patés for several of my senior cats.
You could ask your vet about using chamomile and lemon balm teas both internally and as washes for hot spots.

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The limited ingredient novel protein diet will get rid of your cats itching, most likely more effectively than a junky dry food. Vets not specializing in nutrition or holistic care know next to nothing about nutrition, so you’re not obligated to follow their advice. If you have doubt, regardless, tell your vet that your cat refuses to eat dry food, and ask for a referral to a vet nutritionist.
Maury: Could you possibly recommend some of the better companies that make the limited ingredient novel protein diet (no chicken or turkey -- I have a feeling they might be the problem???)
Thanks.
She hates duck, fish (except for mackerel) and not crazy about beef. That doesn't leave much room. I am back to giving her rabbit & lamb from Ziwipeak which she is not enthused about but finally out of hunger eats it. No fun, huh?

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Maury: Could you possibly recommend some of the better companies that make the limited ingredient novel protein diet (no chicken or turkey -- I have a feeling they might be the problem???)
Thanks.
She hates duck, fish (except for mackerel) and not crazy about beef. That doesn't leave much room. I am back to giving her rabbit & lamb from Ziwipeak which she is not enthused about but finally out of hunger eats it. No fun, huh?
Heya! I’m guessing you’re in the US? Cat Person isn’t super well known, and has limited reviews because of it, but the ingredients in their LID diets look very good. That said, they only have duck and beef LID foods (plus fish, but feeding fish as a primary food isn’t great), so might not be a good option for her. Are you sure it was specifically the flavours she disliked, rather than the food? You can have a look at their site here Cat Food, Treats, Beds, Bowls, Toys | Shop All | Cat Person
You could also look into Koha, Instinct (heavy on peas, has montmorillite), hound and gatos (more novel protein than LID), and Rawz. If you’d consider commercial raw, or homemade with EZcomplete there are more options.

poivre

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Maurey:
Hounds and Gatos sounds familiar so I will start with that one. I thank you once again!!!:)