Best Wet Food For ~$1 Or Less Per Can (also - Bffs?)

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For that price point, Whole Earth Farms is $19.92 for a 24 case. They also have 5oz cans for $27.36. They have a duck flavor that my female cat loves (and my raw fed boy does too when he steals her leftovers.) Some flavors have peas but others don't and those are usually the ones I go for.
I wonder if my guy would like WEF. May need to check on this! Thanks Gizmo =)

sunflower7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From my understanding different animals react to different amounts of Carageenan in the diet. some very small amounts can cause problems with the intestinal lining, in some animals, others it takes larger amounts. I have not read the amount of any studies with cats. But even a small amount, with a substance they know can cause problems i stay away from, both for myself and my cats. More pet food companies are reformulating and removing it from their foods, which i think is great!

Its hard to stay away from everything that we think may be harmful, but i think we try the best we can. Personally it is one ingredient i avoid. I definitely would not trust the health of my cat speculating on what amounts might be harmful.

Carrageenan: a Controversial Pet Food Additive | Little Big Cat
Carrageenan Dangers - Carrageenan Safety | Dr. Weil
Carageenan is in quite a few people foods. ice cream, yogurt etc.