Best Wet Food Economically?

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I now have 3 cats to feed. I prefer to feed them wet food 2x daily with a bit of dry. I've been trying to find the best food at the best price in a larger can. I have been feeding fancy feast (small cans so I need 1.5 per feeding) and some blue buffalo. My pet store often puts food on sale as it gets closer to sell by date so I try to pick up what I know to be good and I read labels. Just wondered if anyone has found food anywhere (Amazon, Chewy etc) that is the best price?

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Mine eat Friskies pate style and the store brand from Aldi grocery store,again pate. They also eat the house brand from Petvalu pate style.I will use Fancy Feast as well.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
The Chewy brand Tiny Tiger is a favorite in my household. It's basically a (significantly) cheaper Fancy Feast ($0.51/3oz can). We always have it on hand.

If you have a Tractor Supply, their Paws and Claws Kitchen Selects is similar to FF as well, albeit more expensive than Tiny Tiger, but cheaper than Fancy Feast. Their grain-free 4Health line is decent too! I feed just the Chicken and Whitefish flavor of that line. They have big cans of 4Health (chicken I think?), but it isn't grain free.

If you have a Kroger grocery store, their Abound line is identical to 4Health ingredient-wise and they tend to run really good sales. I recently got Abound cans for under $0.50/can.

rudysparkie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I give my cats 9Lives dry food and call it a day. I can easily break the bank on the prices of cat food. The prices out there can be outrageous.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes they are expensive for sure. There are some that are better than others though. Trying to read labels and pick the best for the price point. I had a cat who only ate dry and it became a huge problem when he developed renal failure. I want them to eat wet as much as possible.

mizzely

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Per oz, larger cans are often cheaper. If your cats aren't fussed about food that has been refrigerated, then looking for brands that sell in 13oz cans can definitely help. There aren't as many these days, sadly, but Wellness still has some in that size and when they go on sale they can be a good deal!

I do most of my shopping on Chewy. Tiny Tiger is a great food my cat loves and its about 50 cents a can if they aren't running a deal. American Journey they do sales on routinely so I stock up on that when I see it too. AJ also comes in 13 oz cans.

Petco's Whole Hearted and Soulistic are also quite reasonably priced and are a good alternative if your cat likes shreds vs cuts or pate, though they do have pate in those brands too.

For 5.5 oz cans, Dave's is a solid food.