Best ways for fundraising online and advertising it?

bellel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

If this is not the proper place for this question, please let me know and I will post it in the proper place.

I have a cat who needs surgery to remove bone spurs that are pressing on the nerves leading to her legs. Because of very strange coincidences (maybe coincidences), all 3 of my cats have been extremely ill at one point or another since September. I'm almost up to 10s of thousands of dollars in credit card debt (yes, they've been that sick).

I'm not asking for money here. I'm asking for advice. I have set up a GoFundMe page for her surgery and would like to do an auction on Facebook.

1. How can I advertise the GoFundMe page to get as many visitors as possible?

2. Have any of you put together an auction on Facebook? If so, what advice can you provide me on setting it up? One of my friends just did one for her rescues and it didn't do very well.

All of my cats are rescues and I've had them since they were babies (2 were 1 week old bottle babies that I nursed back from Coccidia and the other was born to a mom I rescued from Robeson Animal Control). The bottle babies are now 12 years old and the other is 6 years old. I thought I had a pretty good reserve built up for any emergency, but several emergencies in 5 months has been financially devastating.

So any advice would be greatly appreciated. Again, I'm not asking for money, just advice on how to advertise and do the online auction. TIA

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
First of all, I'm so sorry you and your furkids are having these issues.

Now, as far as your GoFundMe page...you CAN post it here, we will just put a "warning" on it telling people to be sure to check it out and donate at their own risk.  It's a boiler plate "warning".  Also, I would advocate that you post a link to it on your Facebook page, and ask everyone you know to link to it on THEIR facebook pages.

Not being  facebook person,I can't even begin to address how to do an auction there.  Since you have a friend who did one and had little success, did you talk to her/him and ask what they would do differently next time.  They might be the best resource. 

Best of luck raising the money you need. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bellel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Awesome. Thank you!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
bellel bellel wondering how the fundraising went and how u did it all. I have two incontinent kittens (I just rescued my 2nd one) and they always need things. I have been told it is a good way to do it is on fb and I looked into go fund me but I have no idea how that works at all. Any help or advice?