Best Walmart Wet Food Brand?

Dispiriting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! So I have been doing a lot of research on cats and I have found that a lot of quality wet food does not come from shops that my family shops at. Do you guys know what Wet food I can feed my cat that I can find at Walmart? Also do we have to feed dry food? Or can we just skip it all together? Any response is appreciated it all helps for when I finally get a cat.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, you can most definitely skip dry food. It's actually terrible for pets and only exists because it's cheap and convenient for humans.

If the walmart near you carries fancy feast classic then that's a decent brand, just make sure it's the classic pate because that doesn't have all the junk filler that most other affordable varieties do.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dispiriting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you so much! They have lots of flavors for the classic plate too! Thank you

Dispiriting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One more thing i know a lot of cat treats can be junk so what does Walmart sell for cat treats that are not junk?

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
My guys like temptations treats. A treat is just that, a treat. Like how you would eat chocolate or a candy.

Sometimes my guys also get chicken or fish when I'm cooking for myself.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much all commercially available treats are junk, the ingredients in most of them are terrible and often worse than most dry foods which are pretty bad themselves. You'd have to go to an actual pet store, or look online to find anything good.

If you want to give good quality treats to your Cats then bits of chicken breast when you cook it is good. Canned Chicken is also ok as a treat as long as it's just plain Chicken without any seasonings.

But really, it depends on how much you're willing or able to spend. You can look around on chewy or amazon (I prefer chewy as they don't have third party vendors and their customer service is #1) for food brands like Instinct (VERY expensive) or Tiki Cat (more affordable, and IMO better quality) and treats like the "Whole Life" brand, which is also a bit expensive but is just freeze dried meat.

Dispiriting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I saw tiki cat but the thing is a lot of the products have tuna in it and I barely found ones without tuna and I know too much tuna isn’t good. If I am to be feeding it almost everday with what I find i feel Is not the best option

Dispiriting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for telling me about temptations and my Walmart sells it too!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Temptations aren't healthy or anything, but a person can have a few Doritos so kitties can have a little junk food too :D. Don't give very many treats though.

The Walmart brand version of Fancy Feast (the little cans, paté only) has basically the same ingredients as FF and costs a little less.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, the after dark varieties don't have fish. There are also some other varieties that aren't fish either.

I feed these to my Cats to go along with their raw food.

Uncled

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You might want to check out Friskies pate style food, the classic kind .They are low on carbs like classic pate Fancy Feast that Talien suggests, I feed both brands.

Dispiriting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
You might want to check out Friskies pate style food, the classic kind .They are low on carbs like classic pate Fancy Feast that Talien suggests, I feed both brands.
Can you show me what the classic kind of Friskies looks like?

Dispiriting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Friskies isn't a good brand. Really.
I mean someone who seems well experienced is saying this and just because u may have a bad experience doesn’t mean it is bad. If it is not a good brand why do you think so? It is made by the same company who does fancy feast

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean someone who seems well experienced is saying this and just because u may have a bad experience doesn’t mean it is bad. If it is not a good brand why do you think so? It is made by the same company who does fancy feast
It's the ingredients. Cats are not meant to eat plants, but most of the cheaply priced foods are mostly made with plant based ingredients. Not only are plant proteins difficult for Cats to digest and process, but plants are high in carbohydrates which are nutritionally useless to Cats, and serve only to cause them to get fat.

This site is a good place to start if you want to learn about what Cats should and should not eat.

Dispiriting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Guess I will be sticking to fancy feast and tiki cat :p

Dispiriting

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay what I don’t understand is that one person is telling me that fancy feast is a decent brand and ur telling me it’s bad? That comment even has a like from a staff member sooo which one is it