Best urine support and heart murmur food or supplement

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will for sure ask the vet if he knows her urine PH. If it turns out that she dose just have inflammation and not a UTI is there anything I can do for that? The purnia is kitten food and I feed her both wet and dry. I did not see DL methionine listed in that food but science diet kitten has it if I switch her over to that. It's weird because so far she has had no accidents or staring she just goes a lot. I appreciate all of your help.
DL methionine is listed. Towards the end of the ingredient list. Maybe consider taking her off of the dry food? Or switching? And she is still on the antibiotics so that means they’re doing something for her. 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽 You may not even need to change anything. You need to know the results of the urine analysis.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks Xena, I talked to the vet today and he said her PH was normal at 6. We are halfway through the antibiotic but have seen on,y slight improvement. I do not know what is going on, I am wondering if her issue is cystitis where there is infolmation but no infection? I know fish can cause irratiation to the bladder but is there any other ingredients that help or hurt.do you know if spay in instance can happen in cats? my sister had a dog who after her stay could not hold her urine every one of her test and X-rays were fine. Thank you so much for the help!

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Be careful buying prescription cat food. Send for free samples first. My cat werun will not touch anything prescription for her kidney disease. I tossed lots of food to the waste can.
I assume you asked if shelters need any? I am taking mine to a foster

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Wednesday I will buy a few cans of the purina pro plan focus for urinary. I will let you know if she likes it. She did not have crystals til after her uri was cleared. Now that her crystals are gone I am donating lots of prescription food but will continue with otc urinary food

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Xena, I talked to the vet today and he said her PH was normal at 6. We are halfway through the antibiotic but have seen on,y slight improvement. I do not know what is going on, I am wondering if her issue is cystitis where there is infolmation but no infection? I know fish can cause irratiation to the bladder but is there any other ingredients that help or hurt.do you know if spay in instance can happen in cats? my sister had a dog who after her stay could not hold her urine every one of her test and X-rays were fine. Thank you so much for the help!
Sometimes for dogs after a spay, it can lead to urinary incontinence but that usually happens years down the road as they age. it can happen once in a great while with young dogs and generally veterinarian just prescribe a Medication that tightens the urinary sphincter. that usually does the trick. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that happen with cats. The pH of six is slightly low but that is pretty subjective. Between six and 7.5 is pretty much what you’re looking for. So I’m gathering there was no bacteria in the urine. Were there white cells? Honestly if I were you, I would try a different dry food or I would take her off the dry food totally and see how she does. it’s easy to do and if it benefits her, that’s fantastic.

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Xena, her WBC was slightly high, I believe that could also mean infolmation. DoseThe dry food harm her even though I feed her the wet food with it? Thanks everyone for the help.

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
HI everyone, just an update. My kitten is done with antibiotics but is still urinating every two hours. I am thinking it is bladder inflammation, any adovce on that. I saw this food but it says that it is for adults Organic Chicken, Brown Rice, Blueberry, Dl-Methionine, Cranberry Extract, Taurine, Organic Barley Grass Powder, Dried Kelp, Yeast Extract, Mixed Tocopherols, Rosemary Extract, Chicory Root, Hemicellulose Extract, Natural Flavor, Minerals (Potassium Chloride, Zinc Proteinate, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Copper Sulfate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate), Calcium Carbonate, Vitamins (Ascorbic Acid [Source of Vitamin C], Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Folic Acid), Pepper.
Please help if you can.

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is too young to be on adult food. Please stick with a food formulated for kittens. And if I were you, I would stick with main stream foods for now. Iams or the like. You can try to experiment with other foods when you get this issue resolved. That would be my advice.

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Your kitten is young but if you compare nutrition for adult and kitten, the calories,fat,and protein are the same except she will eat more. Nutro perfect portions is for adult and kitten. I have an 8 yr old tall long and skinny that eats twice the amount as my other adult cats. She eats like a kitten. One of their foods is for kittens. Same fat,protein and calories
I rescued Peaches 5 weeks old and fed her wellness core canned chicken mostly. Now she throws it up so be sure she eats different proteins
What does your vet say?

Months 3-4: Baby teeth start to fall out and are replaced by adult teeth; this process is usually complete by 6 months of age. There are some kittens who are not very active

Months 4-9: Kittens go through sexual maturation.

Months 9-12: A kitten is almost fully grown.

1 year+: Kittens are just reaching adulthood.

2 years+: Kittens are socially and behaviorally mature.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Dry food I am unfamiliar with but according to the chart she should be on canned. Just an assumption

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you fir the replys, I am taking her to the vet next week for her third round of shots so I can check in with what they think. Right now I am feeding her wet and dry purnia one kitten.