Best urine support and heart murmur food or supplement

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Maggie! The vet said she has elevated WBC in her urine and gave her 10 days of amoycillian.

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just talked to my mom who was the one who spoke to the vet and she said he said her WBC was slightly raised and now today she has not been urinating as much even though she is eatting an do drinking the same amount, I wonder if I should hold off with the antibiotic for a few days

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
wbc has many causes but it is probably her body fighting the infection from uti or something else. Stick with canned food, meat the first ingredient. Not too many starches. If you are on a tight budget, fancy feast classics. Tiki is good but pricy. High in protein,very low in fat so mix it with fancy feast. No fish.

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Time for pictures! What does your cat look like?

Here's maggie she is 8yrs old. More energetic now that she's off the prescription food

Coco is one reason for Maggie's stress. She is 7

Peaches is queen of my apt
20191101_181801-COLLAGE.jpg
20170330_082129-COLLAGE.jpg
20170418_070141-COLLAGE.jpg
,9 yrs old

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I just talked to my mom who was the one who spoke to the vet and she said he said her WBC was slightly raised and now today she has not been urinating as much even though she is eatting an do drinking the same amount, I wonder if I should hold off with the antibiotic for a few days
Call your vet and tell him about it. I wouldn't stop the antibiotics since they are to fight off the infection.but see what your vet says

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maggie, your cats are beautiful! What a fun life you must have with all of them! Here is a pic of my kitten, she came to us as Pandora but we are thinking of calling her wynter. We have only had her two weeks,

Attachments

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie, your cats are beautiful! What a fun life you must have with all of them! Here is a pic of my kitten, she came to us as Pandora but we are thinking of calling her wynter. We have only had her two weeks,
She is adorable. Hope things work out.

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much!!!!

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Had you started the antibiotic yet?

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dose anyone know is hills healthy advantage a prescption food and if so is hills science diet OTC ok or is there any good brand I can buy in stores.
I’m just not a fan of hills/science diet. I just don’t feel the quality of the ingredients are good enough

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone for the replys! I did start the antibiotics tonight because she has been urinating a lot again. She will be on the antibiotic fir ten days, my past cat did have boughs of cystitis but it would only flare up once a year. If this new kitty has cystitis and not a UTI is there anything I can do besides wet high quality food and feliway? I have heard of a supplement that starts with a D and then a M word but I'm not sure if that is safe since she is only 9 weeks. Can kittens have goats milk to get some pro and prebiotics? I am having trouble finding a probiotic for a kitten. Thank you all again!

Last edited:

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
I never gave her probiotics. She did have crystals after the infection was gone and was on strictly hills prescription diet c/d then switched to royal canin prescription SO. The food is made to dissolve crystals. It helped to not look at the ingredients since they are so bad. Only use if that's what she has. Of course the doc prescribes it. Continue to have check ups to test her urine. Her crystals are gone,assuming the prescription food helped

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you Maggie! Do you know if kittens this young can develope crystals? I'm glad the prescription diet helped your cat, What kind of food is she on now?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
It can affect kittens also. She eats Simply Nourish,no longer on chewy but petsmart has it. Also half cooked ground pork and slow cooked chicken mixed with ez complete-hard to get. Tiki after dark,fancy feast classics turkey&giblets. I have a terrible habit of leaving food out so I will never cook raw .especially not any poultry. Only just started cooking so who knows if it will continue

Xena44

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It can affect kittens also. She eats Simply Nourish,no longer on chewy but petsmart has it. Also half cooked ground pork and slow cooked chicken mixed with ez complete-hard to get. Tiki after dark,fancy feast classics turkey&giblets. I have a terrible habit of leaving food out so I will never cook raw .especially not any poultry. Only just started cooking so who knows if it will continue
Ez complete is a meal additive?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes. Makes it much easier. From Food For Life. They are very helpful

PoppyLove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions! So many things are out of stock right now. just so I am getting this right did you say that crystals would not show up on a uri e test, just an X-ray?