Best urine cleaner?

Sherie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maggie got locked out in the sunroom overnight and peed on the brand new Broyhill loveseat. Nature's Miracle absolutely didn't do the trick, Stink-free didn't work either. Anti-Icky-Poo has sort of worked, but maybe my nose is just extra sensitive. I have Urine-Off in the garage waiting for the Anti-Icky-Poo to dry completely. I also have Zero Odor at the post office waiting for me to pick up on Monday. I guess I will just keep treating until I no longer smell it. Unfortunately, the Urine-Off, Anti-Icky-Poo and the Zero Odor all had to be purchased on-line and have taken forever to get here.....so I tried the stuff that I could find locally at Petsmart and Petco first (Nature's Miracle & Stink-Free.) Once I decide what works the best, I will order another gallon and keep it on hand for future accidents.

Good luck. This is definitely one aspect of being a cat lover that I've never had to deal with before....and it is really frustrating! Oh well....once I figure out what works, the frustration will end and the house will smell fresh again (I hope!)
If the cushions were foam it's not the product it's time. I would recommend 2 product lines. Natures Miracle for Cats never & Anit-Icky-Poo. I would advise you to stop using so many different products too many different chemicals.Icky-Poo has a product line that includes a pre-treater to use when you've used other products to clean previously. Now pick one product. With NM you have to completely soak the area all the way through then dry completely. Foam really holds odor and it's so thick you'll probably need to repeat a couple of times no matter which product you settle on. If you are able to remove cushion fabric do so and wash with NM. Now here's the easiest solution. Go to an upholstery shop and but new foam. Take one you have with you so you can get the same density & quality. You can also buy the foam cut to your spects online. Hope I could help. Good luck!

julietv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have spray problems in my house and Im just wondering if anyone has found any products that seem to work good for cleaning up smell completely. Thanks!
CATS

There are a variety of reasons why felines bypass their litter box and urinate everywhere else in your home. If your cat is sick, has behavioral issues, is getting used to a new pet or child, or is protesting a dirty litter box, then she might opt to use your plush carpet or your new chaise lounge as a place to do her business.
10 tips for cleaning cat urine with the REAL vinegar/baking soda/peroxide trick/dish soap trick (yes, it's actually all 3 but not at the same time)

Grab a paper towel, and try to blot up as much of the urine as possible. If it's a large spot and you don't want to waste paper towels, use a cloth towel or old clothes that can be thrown away. If the spot is on the carpet, stand on the wet spot (remember to wear shoes).
Don't rub the stain. If it's dry, pour cold water on the stain, and blot.
Avoid using detergents with ammonia in them. The "pee smell" in them might encourage your cat to mark the spot again.

Homemade solution: mix a water and vinegar solution. Vinegar is great for killing bacteria. This mixture is perfect for both old and new stains. Try 1 1/2 cups of warm water and a 1/2 cup of vinegar. Pour this concoction over the stain and soak for about 3 to 5 minutes. Note: vinegar is not good for marble or stone.

There's nothing like good all-purpose baking soda. After the water and vinegar solution is dry, sprinkle the area with baking soda. How much is enough? A lot.

You're not done just yet with the homemade remedies. Mix 3/4 cup of three percent hydrogen peroxide (you know you have some under your bathroom sink) with 1 teaspoon of dish detergent. Sprinkle this solution over the baking soda and test a small spot. You need to do this because sometimes peroxide can discolor or bleach fabrics (source). Work the baking soda into the fabric or carpet.
Once the spot's good and dry, vacuum the excess baking soda. If the stain is extremely tough, repeat the entire process again.

julietv

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Grab a paper towel, and try to blot up as much of the urine as possible. If it's a large spot and you don't want to waste paper towels, use a cloth towel or old clothes that can be thrown away. If the spot is on the carpet, stand on the wet spot (remember to wear shoes). Don't rub the stain. If it's dry, pour cold water on the stain, and blot.
Avoid using detergents with ammonia in them. The "pee smell" in them might encourage your cat to mark the spot again.
Homemade solution: mix a water and vinegar solution. Vinegar is great for killing bacteria. This mixture is perfect for both old and new stains. Try 1 1/2 cups of warm water and a 1/2 cup of vinegar. Pour this concoction over the stain and soak for about 3 to 5 minutes. Note: vinegar is not good for marble or stone.
There's nothing like good all-purpose baking soda. After the water and vinegar solution is dry, sprinkle the area with baking soda. How much is enough? A lot.
You're not done just yet with the homemade remedies. Mix 3/4 cup of three percent hydrogen peroxide (you know you have some under your bathroom sink) with 1 teaspoon of dish detergent. Sprinkle this solution over the baking soda and test a small spot. You need to do this because sometimes peroxide can discolor or bleach fabrics (source). Work the baking soda into the fabric or carpet.
it's time to let the mixtures dry for a few hours. Once the spot's good and dry, vacuum the excess baking soda. If the stain is extremely tough, repeat the entire process again.