Best Raw Food Brand

Kxng7233

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i am planing to feed raw food. What is the best raw food brand?

kirathecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i am planing to feed raw food. What is the best raw food brand?
To the best of my knowledge Rad Cat is the best, it doesn’t contain any veggies and they use egg shell powder as source of calcium so you don’t have to worry about bone content being too high. It is expensive, though.

Primal raw & freeze dried are very popular and quite good.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think there's any one "best" brand since so much depends on what a cat likes to eat and what specific dietary needs the cat might have. Beyond that, some cats (like ours!) get picky about their foods making it best to feed more than one brand. Some cats (like ours!) may also have very definite preferences for the freeze-dried or frozen version of a food.

All that said, here are the brands we feed, with a bit of commentary:

-As kirathecat kirathecat mentioned, Rad Cat is great frozen food, though our cats only like the poultry flavors. It is definitely expensive but it's high-quality food.
-Oma's Pride makes a complete frozen food called Purr that our cats love, though I go easy on it (only a smallish serving once or twice a week) because it contains bone and they get plenty of bone in other foods.
-Primal (freeze-dried turkey and pork flavors) is a favorite for our cats. Some people don't like feeding it because of the fruits and vegetables but the carbs are low and the fruit and veg are nutrients, so I feed it. (Also: the cats miss it when I don't.)
-Northwest Naturals (freeze-dried turkey and chicken flavors) is very decent food with simple recipes.
-Stella & Chewy's freeze-dried poultry foods are popular, though we only use them in small amounts because they have a tendency to be very bony.
-Feline Natural (freeze-dried chicken and lamb) is great food and our cats love it but it's currently on hold because the price went up.

As long as your cat's digestive system doesn't rebel, it's more than fine to feed different kinds of foods, in a rotation, either by day or by meal. We feed a small Rad Cat or Oma's Pride snack every day and the cats' breakfast and supper meals are varying combinations of multiple freeze-dried foods. The cats tend to get bored easily if they don't get variety so I switch up their freeze-dried combinations every now and then.

Good luck!

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feed Nature's Variety Instinct frozen raw medallions and Raw Bites. It's a good brand but some people feel that it has too many veggies and other stuff in it.

What type of raw are you considering? Frozen raw and homemade raw from a recipe will need freezer space which some people don't have. Freeze dried raw, dehydrated raw, and air dried raw are shelf stable.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kxng7233

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat doesn’t like freeze dry. I am going to try frozen dry.

Thanks for all the suggestions!!