Best Products or Urine Cleanup in Carpet

jazee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The short of it is what have people found works best to get rid of cat urine. I know you need to soak the carpet through to the floorboards. I tried Mister Max Anti-Icky-Poo-Poo as it was highly rated on several sites. Soakesdthe carpet through to the pad, covered with plastic overnight, then it took about 5 days for the carpet and pad to dry out. Soaked it again. Let dry. Still strong urine scent.

Thought it could be residue from previous carpet cleaning de-activating the enzymes and bacteria so bought a Bissell Spot Pro Pet something, $170 on Amazon. Pretty powerful little thing. Did just plain hot water extraction several times. Let it dry.

Discovered very high ratings for Angry Orange. Soaked it, on day 5 it's almost dry and frankly the remaining orange smell has diminished but it's still there to the point I can't tell if the pee smell is still there. When I remove the barricade though we'll find out in a few days if it works as the cat will still smell the urine and will no be dissuaded after the orange smells has gone away.

Review on Amazon, Target, Walmart, Test Review, swear by the stuff but you see many that say it's the only thing that worked and is a miracle and others say "didn't work on cat uring" (but did the soak the carpet to the floorboards point you hear the liquid squishing around when you walks on top?)

Wondering other people's experience and if they tried Angry Orange and how it went or if they found something better?

This happened with my two Burmese 10 years ago that had struvite crystals. They can be sneaky about urinating somewhere outside the litter box (especially on carpet in a corner) and it can be happening for a while before you realize it. By that time the urine has soaked through to the pad and if enough cats enough times to the wood underlayment. Cost me a few thousand to have my main floor re-carpted, painted Kilz over the wood underlayment. Cat's got special diet to clear up crystals. Problem solved but expensive. Trying to save the carpert this time as I think I caught it a bit earlier and only one cat in the house.

This would be a separate thread but for those interested the cat is most likely peeing because I think he has newly discovered FIC. But I'll keep discussion of that to a separate thread as to not co-mingle subjects.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I've been using Nature's Miracle for years and it worked pretty well.

Usually for those 'accidents' that have urine soaked through rugs and carpets, first, soak up as much urine with newspaper till looks dry and then spray liberally over the spot with the odor remover and then fold several newspaper and cover it with a weight on top, raise it a little if you can so that the part touching the ground has air circulation or place thick newspaper below also can. Replace newspaper when it's wet and keep replacing newspaper till paper is like dry and spot is dry to touch.

I have wooden floors and there are opening at the joints and even when it's in between joint, I have no problem with it. No smell after that and my boy does not return to smell the spots whether it's on the rug or on the floor.

D7113C97-31B6-4994-B39B-025C66BC81C9$L0$001~photo.jpg