• Instinct

Votes: 4 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I'm flip flopping again. This time between Wellness brand and Instinct. I will probably get some of both (ie one brand for wet and dry and then wet food of the other for variety). But... which should I get for the wet and dry? I'm leaning towards Wellness with Instinct as the wet food "treat". What say you?

This is why too much knowledge for me is a bad thing. Now that I know better (what things to look for and avoid with cat foods), I feel the need to do better. Problem is I think I found the solution and then think I didn't. Thank goodness my babies aren't picky eaters because they just eat whatever I put down so far.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of the 3 I'd definitely go with Instinct, that was my go-to before discovering Tiki Cat. But the interesting thing about Instinct is their frozen raw food is actually less expensive than the canned stuff, so if Instinct canned is in your price range you might want to look into their frozen raw, which chewy carries. But if you are only looking at canned then Tiki Cat is both better and less expensive than Instinct, the only thing I don't like about Tiki Cat is most of their flavors are fish.

Specialized Kitten food isn't necessary if you're feeding them something that states it's balanced for all life stages, it will give feeding instructions, usually feed more to Kittens and pregnant/nursing females, but you don't need to worry about having to transition from Kitten food to adult.
Tiki Cat now has a variety pack called All Nighter which is mostly all meat. Chicken mixed with beef, duck, lamb, pork, or quail. I would definitely get Tiki Cat and stop flip flopping but it says it's not "all life stages". Adult only. :ohwell: I will start them on Tiki Cat once Boone and Gracie hit a year old in March.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Instinct kibble is a bit better than Wellness kibble, but something may have changdd in the past few years so maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

Rotating brands and flavors isn't bad at all :). It's good for them not to get too imprinted on one kind of food.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think Instinct kibble is a bit better than Wellness kibble, but something may have changdd in the past few years so maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

Rotating brands and flavors isn't bad at all :). It's good for them not to get too imprinted on one kind of food.
Well, in the last 6 months, they eaten Kitten Chow (only briefly), Wilderness, Carnivora, and Instinct. Going back over ingredients, I saw that Wellness contained potatoes which I believe I read was not good so I will go with Instinct wet and dry with Wellness wet food for variety.