Best Kitty Litter?

BluPersian

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Best kitty litter...and go... ☺

I've been using a fresh scented clumping litter that I can scoop. (Fresh step advanced, I think?) I just ran out though so I am open to suggestions. I need to pick up new kitty litter tomorrow. I'd prefer something not too terribly expensive, but I do only have one cat. I was pretty happy with what I had but I'm sure there is something better out there for a long hair cat. It gets stuck in his paws sometimes.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you keeping the litter at least 3 inches deep? This helps it clump better. When it doesn't clump good, the litter can remain a little wet and stick to the cat's paws. I use several clumping litters, most of them are pretty good. I'm using Paws & Claws from Tractor Supply and Berkley & Jensen from BJs right now. But I've used Special Kitty, Tidy Cats, Fresh Step, Scoop Away, and Arm & Hammer occasionally.

sargon

High Priest of Freya, The Slightly Bitey.
Super Cat
Purraise
If you and your cat are up for something a little different, you might try the litter breeze system, which I like with the blue buffalo walnut litter pellets instead of the non absorbent clay it comes with.