Best kibble suggestions that are moderately priced?

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone! I just recently adopted a 2yr flame point siamese who has lived in the shelter for his ENTIRE life. After a long time of looking for a brother for my 1yr old lynx-point Ghibli, I found a cuddly lover named Mushu and they are already inseparable 

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
What a gorgeous boy! Congratulations on your new cat. I'm glad to hear he and Ghibli are friends.

I probably don't get any of the same brands you can buy, but here are some of the brands that other TCS members liked.

[article="33149"]Best Cat Food Of 2015 Tcs Member Choices​[/article]  

One way to get him used to eating wet is to sprinkle a little bit of his dry food over a bowl of the wet stuff. Have you tried that?

thegreystalker

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Other economical brands of grain-free kibble (keep in mind that to pet food manufacturers, grain free doesn't carbohydrate-free):

Under the Sun

Evolve Grain-Free

Rachael Ray Nutrish Zero Grain

Purina Beyond Grain-Free is a bit overpriced, but it is often sold at a discount in supermarkets.  Also, the Nestle Purina company distributes discount coupons online.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ghiblithecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, all of the suggestions! What do you all think of Acana? It is made by the same company as Orijen I believe--- but is slightly less expensive. I bought a little tester of the Grasslands version. It seems decent and he likes it. 

NewYork1303

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orjen and Arcana are both known for being great foods. There has recently been a lot more concern though since they changed the ingredients when they changed the production to within the US- as a result the new supply has lost quality. They are no longer shipping to the US from their Canada production space, so those in the United States are left with an inferior product.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
My cat gets 98%. Ultimate protein by instinct as a snack only! 5 lb is $29 expensive to feed as a meal, I would feed Merrick for a meal

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your new cat is beautiful! 

Have you tried super tempting fancy canned food? My cats absolutely go nuts for Tiki cat sardines as an occasional treat. Maybe the new guy would like those?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your new cat is gorgeous.  I hope that you are able to transition him to wet food. I have not been successful with my  Cricket despite trying a variety of things from super expensive to junk food.  It can be frustrating.