Welcome to The Cat Site
your cat community
Interact with our community

Best Food For Pancreatitis?

Discussion in 'Cat Nutrition' started by joyfulrose, Nov 30, 2018.

1. joyfulrose

joyfulrose Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Nov 5, 2018
    What food did your cat with pancreatitis do best on? If you can list some brands and flavors it would be a great help, thank you!

2. Furballsmom

Furballsmom TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    joyfulrose purraised this.

3. joyfulrose

joyfulrose Thread Starter TCS Member Young Cat

Nov 5, 2018
    Thank you! I have tried several of those suggestions already. Some have worked out and others haven't. You know how it is with cats, one day they love something and then the next day they won't touch it! I was just curious if anyone had some other recommendations specific for cats with pancreatitis that I could try out. :hearthrob:

Furballsmom purraised this.

4. Furballsmom

Furballsmom TCS Member Top Cat

Jan 9, 2018
    Colorado USA
    :vibes::crossfingers:

joyfulrose purraised this.

5. Tabbytastic

Tabbytastic TCS Member Adult Cat

Apr 7, 2018
    Southampton, England
    Hi there, my poor boy Whiskas suffered with chronic pancreatitis and the food that was highly recommend to me is Canagan grain free wet cat food. It comes in many flavours, has a high meat content and is very low in fat. Whiskas did very well on this food and didn’t get bored because of its many duo flavours. I hope this helps. X

6. Tabbytastic

Tabbytastic TCS Member Adult Cat

Apr 7, 2018
    Southampton, England
    I meant to mention that the Canagan cat food was recommended to me, for cats with pancreatitis, by an animal dietician and it is a complete cat food that is highly digestible.