Best Flea & Tick Prevention Treatment for Indoor Cat?

Kyaviana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all, hope everyone is safe and doing well during this time!

My cat is a year old, 11-12 pounds and an indoor cat. I recently moved out of an apartment and into the suburbs with a nice wooded area around it, so I want to start taking my cat for regular walks outside (with a harness and leash).

What do you recommend in terms of tick and flea prevention for a cat that will mostly be indoors?

Are there any long term health concerns caused by certain chemicals/treatments I should be aware of? I would like to avoid super heavy duty options if possible but there ARE a good amount of ticks in the area.

Thank you in advance for your help! The information online is very conflicting.

Paris Pluto

Cat Daddy
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use Revolution Plus once a month on my kitties now for about 18 months with no adverse reactions/side effects. As for health concerns in the long run, someone more knowledgeable should be able to provide insight. I use Revolution Plus not just for fleas and ticks but also as a preventative for heartwood because IIRC, heartworm in cats can't be treated/cured.

Bobsk8

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use Revolution. I don't like Revolution plus because the ingredient it causes seizures and death in some animals.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kyaviana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use Revolution Plus once a month on my kitties now for about 18 months with no adverse reactions/side effects. As for health concerns in the long run, someone more knowledgeable should be able to provide insight. I use Revolution Plus not just for fleas and ticks but also as a preventative for heartwood because IIRC, heartworm in cats can't be treated/cured.
Thank you for the recommendation, I’ll look into it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kyaviana

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I use Revolution. I don't like Revolution plus because the ingredient it causes seizures and death in some animals.
Thank you for the recommendation!!! Yes I’m extremely worried about some of the active ingredients in many of the top brands :/