Best Clumping Litter In Canada?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I understand where you’re coming from but I have to respectfully disagree with much of what you said. I feed 3 cats on mostly raw and I spend less than 40$ a month on each raw fed cat and that’s with buying expensive cuts of meat. It’s possible to do it cheaper.

If I had a cat with bladder stones I would do everything in my power to get them on a high moisture diet. It’s not that high moisture “works” for some cats and not others. It’s a fact that cats have low thirst drives and absolutely need high moisture in their food. Your cat is drinking lots of water because he is dehydrated, not because the kibble is working. My cats on all wet drink zero water because they are properly hydrated. Cats in the wild do not go to water holes to drink. I’m not trying to say this stuff to make you feel bad, I know you’re doing your best. But I feel like it’s important for you to know that cats need high moisture and high animal protein foods. Especially those prone to bladder stones.

I appreciate your concern, however I do know all of this information about nutrition and have decided to follow my vets instructions, which have kept her healthy for the last 2 years (since the stones appeared) I know that people who feed raw are very passionate about it, but it is my choice not to do so. I trust my vet and cannot play games with my cats health, as the cost of a surgery will force me to put her down and I will not be ok with myself if that were to happen.
What cat litter do you use?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sylorna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a fan of Arm and Hammer Clump and Seal Multi Cat litter. We have nine cats and do not have the room for more than four boxes. I have an exceptionally strong sense of smell and have tried sooooooooo many brands, and it is the best. I scoop twice a day, but that is more because of the volume of cat poop than the smell. I used to completely empty and scrub each of the boxes every two weeks; however, since we started using Clump and Seal a couple of years ago I scrub them once every two months, and that is just for my own edification.
Thanks! That's super helpful! I'll put it on my list to try!

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks! That's super helpful! I'll put it on my list to try!
My sister-in-law and mother-in-law came to visit yesterday (one lives a few states away, and the other has only been to our new house once, which was three cats ago!) Both commented about how our house surprisingly does not have the "litterbox stink." If that is any sort of testimonial. (FYI: The Slide Clump and Seal is not as good.)

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
I appreciate your concern, however I do know all of this information about nutrition and have decided to follow my vets instructions, which have kept her healthy for the last 2 years (since the stones appeared) I know that people who feed raw are very passionate about it, but it is my choice not to do so. I trust my vet and cannot play games with my cats health, as the cost of a surgery will force me to put her down and I will not be ok with myself if that were to happen.
What cat litter do you use?
Fair enough, but please consider that most vets know very little about feline nutrition. My sister went through a very similar experience. Her cat had kidney disease and she kept him on dry prescription food because the vet recommended it and he seemed fine for a few years. One day he suddenly wouldn’t eat and was in extreme pain. He sadly had to be put down. I’m not saying you must feed raw. But, feeding dry food to a cat, especially one with bladder issues, just doesn’t make sense due to their physiology. Moisture is the most important thing for bladder health.