TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!

What Cat tree do you have?

Anyone got a Amarkat Cat tree?

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!

PS - If you could, show some pictures! Would love to see how your little furballs use them :D

Last edited by a moderator:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother and I have both had Armarkat trees for probably 11/12 years now that are still going strong. None of our cats really scratch on the poles. But the trees have held up very well. They look good and are still sturdy. (My DS climbed on both on me when he was a toddler. :doh:) They have definitely been good investments.

I have this one: Classic Cat Tree A6202
My mother has this one (I think): Classic Cat Tree A7401

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have this one:
Go Pet Club Cat Tree, 50W x 26L x 72H, Blue
I like it because it doesn't only have tiny kitten sized areas like so many other cat trees. It did take 2 of these to make one nice complete one. The first shipment had a smooshed house so amazon send a 2nd tree. I just took the best pieces from both and sent the rest back to them.

m3rma1d

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie
Super Cat
Purraise
I have this one:
Go Pet Club Cat Tree, 50W x 26L x 72H, Blue
I like it because it doesn't only have tiny kitten sized areas like so many other cat trees. It did take 2 of these to make one nice complete one. The first shipment had a smooshed house so amazon send a 2nd tree. I just took the best pieces from both and sent the rest back to them.
We have this one in leopard print because I'm unapologetically tacky.
My only real complaint is that the little ramps loosen up and swivel and don't stay put. They really don't even use the ramps anyway, so no matter... I removed the bottom one. I should just yank the other one off too, because I'm constantly putting it back in line as if it'll ever get better...

This tree is almost 4 years old. The rope on the bottom scratcher came loose years ago but they still use it. One of the dangling mouse toys was destroyed the very first day, but one is still clinging to life support (he did finally get pulled off the elastic string, so I tied it around him)

Attachments

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have this one in leopard print because I'm unapologetically tacky.
My only real complaint is that the little ramps loosen up and swivel and don't stay put. They really don't even use the ramps anyway, so no matter... I removed the bottom one. I should just yank the other one off too, because I'm constantly putting it back in line as if it'll ever get better...

This tree is almost 4 years old. The rope on the bottom scratcher came loose years ago but they still use it. One of the dangling mouse toys was destroyed the very first day, but one is still clinging to life support (he did finally get pulled off the elastic string, so I tied it around him)
Oh yeah our ramps do that too. Cats also don't care for them so it'a ok. I'm shocked that both our hanging mice are intact.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the Armarkat A7401 model. It's basically the same as that Go! Pet Club model but the Armarkat has larger hidey boxes and is slightly sturdier. I have several :D. They last about a year, maybe 2, in my house. But under normal usage they should last at least 5 years, which is pretty cost-effective. I bought one for my cousin and her kids climb it all the time (and her toddler is a big boy!), so they're pretty sturdy.

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like the Armarkat A7401 model. It's basically the same as that Go! Pet Club model but the Armarkat has larger hidey boxes and is slightly sturdier. I have several :D. They last about a year, maybe 2, in my house. But under normal usage they should last at least 5 years, which is pretty cost-effective. I bought one for my cousin and her kids climb it all the time (and her toddler is a big boy!), so they're pretty sturdy.
It does look very similar!

Here's my crew.
20180324_152919.jpg

Gizmobius

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 3 and a half cat trees. I say half because one of them had two tiers break off but they still like to use the scratching posts and little house on it. :lol: I have two Frisco brand cat trees in my dining room (it's window heaven in there!). The 52-inch tree and the 57-inch tree in two corners of the room. My cats are 9lbs and 14lbs and they both fit on those trees very well. They don't do much playing on them but for laying down and enjoying the view outside, they're very good trees.

Their fancy we-are-spoiled-cats tree is upstairs in my room and is the Kitty Mansions Paris deluxe tree. This thing is stupid huge and I can't even fit the topmost bed on because I was an idiot who didn't measure! But anyway, it has super thick posts and large roomy baskets and is very sturdy. It does wobble a bit, I think the base board should be larger, but I'm not worried about it tipping. Although if you have a clumsy cat like I do, line the floor with pillows because it's a long fall. :lol:

CommonCatOwner

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have the Armakat A6702 and it works great. Both of my cats love it and it is sturdy enough for them to chase each other up and down. It is somewhat tall at 5'7" but does not have a large base so it can be placed in a lot of different locations.

cattreetree.jpg

Totsy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I envy y'all your elaborate cat trees! I wish we had the space for those.

We have a pair of Armacat S6905 cat trees. I liked them because they didn't have any carpet on them, but the kittens kept sliding off. Doh! There is a reason for the carpet! We glued some indoor/outdoor carpet pieces on the tops of the shelves and now we're all happy. The trees are narrow enough to fit through doorways so we can move them around the house as desired.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would never have any of those because Tommy is almost 13 lbs with the full force of a hurricane, serious parkour skills, and IMAGINASHUN!
I ended up getting a half size whisker city cat tree before, and it was $75 and lasted 10 months before they broke it. I also keep a whisker city Cactus around the house, but I have to buy additional supplies and keep refinishing it myself, original price tag $35.
What I INVEST in is DrsFosterSmith line. I have a discontinued Kitty Castle, where the highest platform is 5' high and the crow's nest is about 6 feet up, as well as the smaller sized Amusement Park, which they all love, but that's the one my front declawed rescue cat prefers to use.
DrsFosterSmith has an option on each product to be notified by email when the price drops. Just buy when you're comfortable. I paid $160 for the Amusement Park, but I believe the price was $134 recently.
https://www.drsfostersmith.com/cat-supplies/furniture/ps/c/3261/10345?s=ts&r=7

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
Lily and Iris are 14-year-old DLH sisters and both arthritic. I had to get this shorter “tree” (shrub? bush?) for them because they don’t climb or jump well. It’s worked very well for sun bathing and bird watching—although they squabble over the top spot. :) Mocha (in the middle) is a young thing at age 4 and could climb up to the ceiling, but she likes it, too. The beds are a good size.
Whisker City® Platform Corner Cat Tower | cat Furniture & Towers | PetSmart

EDF067F6-6C77-423D-B0F6-53FE00DA21B9.jpeg

flybear

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
we have the 72 inch high chewy cat tree ( sells for around 65) - with the three platforms on the top and also a smaller 52 inch Armarkat - I like the chewy tree better but the cats have no preference - they like ANY tree - I find the sherpa type covering on some trees a bit of a pain because it traps dirt more. My cats also like my dressers - in the cat room we covered all dressers, shelves... with non slip carpet. I think as long as you pick something reasonably sturdy that offers platforms higher than a chair or table the cats will love it ;-)

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I've got the Go Pet Club 72". I've had it since September and no wobbling or wearing down so far! It keeps rambunctious, visiting kids away from the cats, and both cats love to sleep in the little houses.
My only complaint is the size of the baskets at the top. I had no idea that Reese was going to turn into a tiger and she's begun to grow out of them. It doesn't stop her from curling up in them though, (and spilling out) so it's really just ME complaining.

(I also removed the bottom ramp, but that was due to space issues in the corner where I put the tree, nothing to do with the tree itself. I plan on putting it back if I find a better place to put the tree)

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We now have three cat trees. Here is the newest one, which was a Christmas gift from my brother-in-law. It actually looks like a tree with a trunk and branches with leaves. Our little girl Chloe is doing her best "Where's Waldo?" impression in the new tree:
20181230_195454.jpg

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
I have an Amarakat tree. Before that, we had a Go Pet Club tree, which is still sitting in the spare room in almost ruin because Emerson and Evie are emotionally attached to it...lol.

We have had ours for a while, and I don't remember spending this much on it...

Ours is so tall. Dexter loves being up high in the crow's nest and going in the boxes, and Emerson sleeps in the basket frequently. He also likes to lay in the basket and chew on the rope that hangs beside it :crackup:I have very weird cats.

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
2018-10-11 06.39.23.jpg

Melody likes hers because she can keep an eye on me while I'm eating MY dinner

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone!

What Cat tree do you have?

I was reading this review on Amarkat Classic Cat Tree and thought it looks actually really good!

Anyone else got a Amarkat Cat tree?

Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!

PS - If you could, show some pictures! Would love to see how your little furballs use them :D

Our cat tower came from www.playtimeworkshop.com They are made to order. We got the Katimanjaro tower. Our cats love it.
IMG_20190102_095906.jpg