Best cat toys

LEarn743

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, i was just looking for recommendations for the best automatic cat toys. like the kind where you push a button and it moves automatically or that have a constant on. i already have a laser toy like this. my cats seem to get tired of toys quickly too. Thanks.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...my cats seem to get tired of toys quickly too.
Casper doesn't like automatic cat toys, either.

First, he is wary of anything that makes noise. He has always been a skittish cat since the day we adopted him.

More importantly, Casper wants his humans to play WITH him. He often plays with his own toys by "killing" a catnip mouse or "hunting" things but there are also times when he will lead me toward his play area then sit and look at his toy box, alternately looking back at me as if he's saying, "Make 'em go for me!"

I think it's good to have a mix of toys for your cat. Automatic toys that the cat can play with, by itself but also interactive toys that the human participates in the play.

Cats, dogs, humans or anything, play is a social activity where participants bond with each other. Without interactive toys, that bond doesn't form as strongly. In other words, cats need to play with their humans. :)

As for which toy? It's a crap shoot in my opinion. Some cats like certain toys but not others. You just have to try different things until you find one that's a hit with your cat.

Casper has a particular kind of toy mouse that he likes to play with. It's furry and has leopard spots. He'll play with it until it's threadbare. Then we have to get him another one just like it. That can often be hard to do because you can't always find the exact same toy every time. We often have to hunt around at different stores to find the right toy for Casper.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
automatic toys dont give that quality time with your cat its much more satisfying to have interactive play to me atleast. with graycie i feel like its boring giving her an automatic toy to play alone. it just feels kinda like putting a lil kid on the couch and letting them rot their brains in front of a tv for hours.