Best cat litters available in Europe?

samus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in Germany and looking for a good cat litter, as the brands I'm used to are hard to find here (and ship kitty litter from the US? ridiculous!). Anyone know what the good brands in Europe are? My biggest concern is dust, and clumping is preferable so I can remove urine daily. The one clay I've tried so far (Biokat's Classic) has me feeling like I need a mask to scoop it and the dust just hangs in the air forever, and both of the wood based clumping litters I've tried don't make strong clumps (can't remember the brands anymore). I'm open to trying plant based litters as well as clay/mineral based. Thanks!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Cat&Clean, Tigerino as well as Golden Grey are fine clumping bentonite litters that are low on dust. Cat's Best Öko Plus is a good biodegradable clumping litter that's lightweight and virtually free of dust. I generally buy Cat&Clean; our local shelter uses Õko Plus.

Have you discovered ZooPlus? It's the biggest online shop for pet supplies with reasonable prices and quick delivery. The above litters are available there. http://m.zooplus.de/shop/katzen

If you prefer brick and mortar stores, the biggest German chain with a fairly good selection is Fressnapf.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

samus

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The selection on amazon.de is much much slimmer (and schlimmer) than amazon.com. I really liked how well the Blue Buffalo walnut litter clumped, but it's not available on any of the German pet supply sites I've checked so far, and the Dr. Elsey's everyone raves about also seems hard to find. I think the Cat's Best Öko Plus is the first wood based litter I tried here, the dust and smell levels were ok but the clumps broke really easily. I'll check out those other brands, thanks for the suggestions.

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with jcat about looking on Zooplus.I live in France but they deliver throughout Europe. I buy all my food and litter through them, delivery fast and for free. I don't buy clumping litter ( I get Catsan crystal) but they have a good selection of both clumping and non-clumping..