BEST CAT LEASH.

neme64

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well I leave my cats indoors, they are rescues.. All has been fine have always kept them indoors.. I use to let cats out but they got in fights, would not come in at night and I got LYME!! Have had cats my whole life (67) they are my kids.. Living in a rental and door does not shut properly. It looks like it does then just now my cat got out..HE LOVED IT!!! ran to a tree and just was happy as hell. I freaked, he said OH I"M IN BIG TROUBLE!! I ran after him he stopped and knew he should not be out... So now he's meowing all the time to go out ( spring in Connecticut!!) he's like a child but I have no kids... I want the best leash on the market, so I can take him out... I researched them all but none seem that great.. Any ideas?

LittleMoonSanctuary

No cat left behind
Young Cat
Purraise
In my opinion this is the best cat leash you can get. The goal of a harness is to make sure your cat can not slip it no matter what. This particular harness squeezes the shoulder blades so when the cat flips and tries to escape, they cant.

I also get a long line leash meant for small dogs and attach it to harness so cat can wander a bit but only let them on it if you are supervising.

it can be dangerous if not watched, cats can and will jump on things and it only takes a second to hang themselves.

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You need a harness, not just a leash. Kitty Holsters are popular: http://www.kittyholster.com/

A pet stroller might also be an option. I'd still put a harness and leash on the cat and hold onto the leash while you're pushing the stroller around in case the cat decides to bolt.

The landlord should fix that door so your cat doesn't sneak out again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

neme64

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
landlords fix nothing. They just want your money!!. Will look into the holster.

LittleMoonSanctuary

No cat left behind
Young Cat
Purraise
You need a harness, not just a leash. Kitty Holsters are popular: http://www.kittyholster.com/

A pet stroller might also be an option. I'd still put a harness and leash on the cat and hold onto the leash while you're pushing the stroller around in case the cat decides to bolt.

The landlord should fix that door so your cat doesn't sneak out again.
Are they able to slip from the holster? Ive had kittens slip from something similar

kittenmittens84

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I found that this style of harness where the chest and torso straps are adjustable separately (similar to the kitty holster) works the best for my cat. The strap that goes across the chest is a little higher up than it is on harnesses that buckle in the back, which is good for cats because with free floating collarbones they can get their little paws through the head hole of most harnesses if they want to. Whatever you get definitely try it inside for a while first to make sure they can’t escape easily.

neme64

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Found the Lupine cat leash!.. Will try that...

neme64

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
well got the kitty holster, found Velcro much easier to take on and off.. Cat loves it!! He wants to go out all the time now. But hey he should be thankful he's getting out at all.. I have had many cats in my lifetimeThey always went out. Between ticks, and cat fights it was not a good thing.. I live in the country and just feel its so much safer to have cats inside. But with kitty leashes/holsters becoming more popular I felt I shouldtry to let him go back out... THOUGH he was a rescue and was always outside...Someone had put two collars around him but cat would not leave my mothers home outside.... guess he knew mom loved cats so he knew where to come to get help....!!! One was not a breakaway collar and was so tight it boggled my mind. So after 2 months of him constantly being around I took him in removed his collars...and have kept him in since....He is ecstatic.. been 8 years... So will walk a little each day and deal with the consequences of meowing at door afterwards... Oh well...But he loves the leash!!!!

Maggiez

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise