Best Cat Food

lokhismom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I think instead of buying more Wellness I'll have to try those brands you mentioned. Thanks.
Yes, try Nutro Natural Choice.  Its popular around here and my 2 love the chicken, turkey pates.  Its the cans labeled chunky.    

Fancy Feast cans labeled 'classic' aren't a bad choice.    They are grain free and low calorie.  I think of all the foods my 2 eat its their favorite.   

The pickiness is frustrating.  My Lokhi has been eating Merrick with no issues but suddenly this month he's decided that he's not too fond of the duck and beef pates I just bought cases of from Chewy 

Good luck with yours

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

The pickiness is frustrating.  My Lokhi has been eating Merrick with no issues but suddenly this month he's decided that he's not too fond of the duck and beef pates I just bought cases of from Chewy 
It's like they KNOW. Mine do exactly the same thing. Henry decided that all he wanted was the Soulistic Good Karma and Harvest Sunrise. He started refusing everything else. I ordered a case of each from Petco and then went to the store to get some to hold him until they got here. Guess what he doesn't seem to want anymore...  he was my good one. The easy going, non finicky one. The girls finally got to him and brought him to the dark side of the force. Darth Lilith strikes again. 
  She's the pickiest out of all of them by far. She also spends more time with Henry than Sophie does. Looks like she's been spending that time teaching him jedi mind tricks.
  Fortunately the girls like those foods so they will get eaten. I hope. 

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

It's like they KNOW. Mine do exactly the same thing. Henry decided that all he wanted was the Soulistic Good Karma and Harvest Sunrise. He started refusing everything else. I ordered a case of each from Petco and then went to the store to get some to hold him until they got here. Guess what he doesn't seem to want anymore...  he was my good one. The easy going, non finicky one. The girls finally got to him and brought him to the dark side of the force. Darth Lilith strikes again. 
  She's the pickiest out of all of them by far. She also spends more time with Henry than Sophie does. Looks like she's been spending that time teaching him jedi mind tricks.
  Fortunately the girls like those foods so they will get eaten. I hope. 
Same here .. I used to  buy 5 cases a month of  FF   on Target Subscribe & Save . It is really a lot cheaper because you get a discount plus free shipping .. However my brats would decide they hated a certain flavor and not eat it . Now I just buy it weekly . Less of a headache for me ..

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just got some Nature's Variety Pride flaked (duck, chicken, etc.). We'll see how they like this.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine have liked earthborn chicken jumble, Iams purrfect delicacies turkey & liver, merrick pates, pride rockstar rabbit, red barn tricky chicky, against the grain chicken pumpkin samba, nutro natural chunky chicken loaf, fancy feast classic liver and chicken or chopped grill, fussie cat tuna and prawns, wellness Devine Duos

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can sign up on the Nature's Variety web site to get coupons via email if your cats end up like the Pride
I'm not sure if there a current canned food coupon. I get the coupons for raw (my cats eat raw) and occasionally for dry (which I don't feed).

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well my boy ate some of the duck and rabbit, but the girl wouldn't touch it. She is finicky beyond belief. The only canned food she would ever eat is the Iams winner winner with chicken. I have noticed a difference in their behavior since I got rid of the Iams and have been feeding them the Wellness dry food. I still want to get rid of the dry completely, but I figure since I bought it I would still give them some. They don't eat as much of the Wellness and yet they run around the house and seem generally more active.

Now to just find a wet food they BOTH like.

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well I have tried all the different brands that have been mentioned in this thread and my cats won't eat any of them. I'm kind of at a loss here. I've read too many articles now on "Iams cat deaths/illnesses" and so I don't want to go back to Iams again. They have been eating the Wellness dry cat food and I have noticed a change in their behavior, for the good. However, I do still want to get them off the dry food if possible. I just don't know which wet food to try next, since I've exhausted all the "higher end" brands.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well I have tried all the different brands that have been mentioned in this thread and my cats won't eat any of them. I'm kind of at a loss here. I've read too many articles now on "Iams cat deaths/illnesses" and so I don't want to go back to Iams again. They have been eating the Wellness dry cat food and I have noticed a change in their behavior, for the good. However, I do still want to get them off the dry food if possible. I just don't know which wet food to try next, since I've exhausted all the "higher end" brands.
I feel your pain .  I went through the same thing with my two cats .  I tried just about everything from low to high and they will not eat anything but Fancy Feast Classic . They eat it twice a day with water added .  I  just switched them to Natures Variety Chicken Grain Free kibble and they love that .   Picky cats are very difficult but when you find something THEY like it is a huge relief ..

Have you tried Sheba ?  Friskies ? Daves ? Evo ? Hound & Gatos ?

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My male cat will eat only the beef chunks variety of Sheba, which I can't find anymore (it's all pate now). He did like Friskies a lot, but I always thought Friskies was one of those "bad" cat foods. Neither of them liked Evo at all and the female won't eat any of these. All she ever liked was the Iams wet foods, and then only two certain kinds.

I think what I'm going to try next is to get the Iams wet that Coda likes and some Friskies for Butch and then mix a little of those into some higher end food, like the Wellness or Pride or whatever I decide on. We'll see how that works.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My male cat will eat only the beef chunks variety of Sheba, which I can't find anymore (it's all pate now). He did like Friskies a lot, but I always thought Friskies was one of those "bad" cat foods. Neither of them liked Evo at all and the female won't eat any of these. All she ever liked was the Iams wet foods, and then only two certain kinds.

I think what I'm going to try next is to get the Iams wet that Coda likes and some Friskies for Butch and then mix a little of those into some higher end food, like the Wellness or Pride or whatever I decide on. We'll see how that works.
If you are interested they sell Sheba Cuts on Amazon.Com 
Friskies  like Fancy Feast is decent food  if you get the Classic/Pate formulas . The others are loaded with wheat gluten and carbs .

I wish you luck . 

Last edited:

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you are interested they sell Sheba Cuts on Amazon.Com http://www.amazon.com/SHEBA-Gravy-Mixed-Entree-3-Ounce/dp/B00AKWEMX4/ref=sr_1_3?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1436624557&sr=1-3&keywords=sheba+cat+food
Friskies  like Fancy Feast is decent food  if you get the Classic/Pate formulas . The others are loaded with wheat gluten and carbs .
I wish you luck . 
I agree about Friskies... you could feed foods that are a whole lot worse and spend a lot more money, too! The same goes for Fancy Feast Classics.

Since you mentioned that your female cat likes the Iams chicken, I thought I'd ask if you've tried Weruva's Cats in the Kitchen foods, which are also shreds. My biggest concerns with the "winner winner" Iams food would be all the tuna and tapioca but maybe there's something similar enough from Weruva that would work for your cat, both in the interim (the pouch Weruva foods also have tapioca as a thickener and some have fish) and after a transition (the canned foods have no tapioca, thus are lower in carbs, and there are some flavors with fish and some without). Our cats eat several of Weruva's Cats in the Kitchen flavors and seem to like them pretty consistently. They're only moderately picky, though!:lol3:

raintyger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Friskies is fine, but I keep it on my special purpose food list. Friskies also has a strong odor, so I reserve it for times when extra scent is needed to whet appetite. Sickness or old age, for instance.

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They wouldn't touch the Weruva or Soulistic. That's it for me. I'm not spending any more money on these high end cat foods. If I want them to eat wet then I'm going to have to go with Friskies (Butch will eat the "cuts", like beef, chicken, etc.), but with Coda I'm going to have to find something she will like since I don't want her eating Iams anymore.

2cats4me

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

They wouldn't touch the Weruva or Soulistic. That's it for me. I'm not spending any more money on these high end cat foods. If I want them to eat wet then I'm going to have to go with Friskies (Butch will eat the "cuts", like beef, chicken, etc.), but with Coda I'm going to have to find something she will like since I don't want her eating Iams anymore.
Sometimes you just have to go with what the cat wants .  Same thing happened here , my cats want Fancy Feast  so that is what they get .

For Coda , try Simply Nourish Stew at Petsmart .. 

desktop

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your input everyone. I appreciate the advice. Butch isn't as finicky as Coda so it won't be hard to find something he likes, unfortunately it will have to be Friskies because the only other wet food he likes it Iams. Hopefully Friskies isn't as bad as Iams. Coda on the other hand thinks she's Princess Diana and she has turned her nose up at everything but Iams, and that includes Fancy Feast.

They did like the Wellness dry food I bought and now that's gone, but I don't want to get that again because of all the reports I've read with Wellness dry and crystals. I may try another dry brand. I don't know yet. Depends on how the next wet food round goes.

Last edited: